Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2017 2:05:21 PM EDT
I picked this clean .32 MAB Model D up today, 9-shot. No import markings. Export marking Made in France on the slide. I figure it was right at the limit of it's worth at $200.00 but as I have a soft spot for quality .32s it went home with me.

These were based on the FN 1910/22. It is very well made. The post war versions (.32) were made up till 1963.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're going to torture us, @ least post groups or do the free recoil energy calculation on that.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're going to torture us, @ least post groups or do the free recoil energy calculation on that.  
View Quote
Sorry, I was busy doing a alcohol soak/mold on a holster for it.

I bought a bunch of CZ-50 holsters for cheap and they make great holsters for most .mil/police .32s.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:07:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice pistol, how does it shoot?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking the French Police carried this MAB 7.65 pistol back in the 50's and 60's.  I know the West German Police carried a lot of Walther PP 7.65/32 ACP pistols during that time period.   Many Officers carried the pistols weak side in a flap holster which held a spare mag.  A Friend loaned me his 7.65 Walther PP to carry as a backup gun when I had to send in my Walther PPK/s 380 for warranty work.  I'd be surprised if the MAB isn't an accurate soft shooting pistol
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I had the opportunity to fire a couple of magazines full of ammo in a post war MAB D model and it was very pleasant to shoot, no hiccups, and the bullets hit where I had aimed it.  They are very nicely made.  Years ago the MAB's did not have the best reputation, but, I have found that reputation to be erroneous.  I would have no hesitation carrying one of these pistols.  Granted, not many .32 acp are being carried as a main defense weapon these days.  At $200.00 I think you did very well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top