Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2017 4:08:41 PM EDT
Is anyone familiar with the Grand Power P1 Ultra?  I like the look of it and am considering getting one.
Are they reliable? Durable? Accurate?
Any information, first hand or otherwise would be appreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a P1 MK12.  In this size, ideal for carry, it makes no sense to opt for the more competition oriented do-dads that the Ultra features.  If you want the bells and whistles, go for the longer barreled versions (x-trim or xcalibur) and keep it a range gun/toy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is anyone familiar with the Grand Power P1 Ultra?  I like the look of it and am considering getting one.
Are they reliable? Durable? Accurate?
Any information, first hand or otherwise would be appreciated.
Thanks
View Quote

As long as you clean and lube it as required, and change the recoil springs etc. as they wear, you'll be hard pressed to kill a Grand Power pistol.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#3]
A buddy of mine just got one. I checked it out since I've been interested in the GPs for awhile. Saw one Mk 7 at Cabelas but his was the first Mk.12.

Looks like a quality piece.  Don't know if I'll ever get one unless I really like his after a future test drive. But the mag prices are a negative since I stock up on mags with any SA pistol buy.

Good luck if you get one.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A buddy of mine just got one. I checked it out since I've been interested in the GPs for awhile. Saw one Mk 7 at Cabelas but his was the first Mk.12.

Looks like a quality piece.  Don't know if I'll ever get one unless I really like his after a future test drive. But the mag prices are a negative since I stock up on mags with any SA pistol buy.

Good luck if you get one.
View Quote

I'm really not sure why mag prices have skyrocketed. When Century was importing these pistols, the mags were around $20-25 each directly from century. You can also convert CZ-75 mags. I've had my Mk7 K100 for years and really like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top