Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2016 2:20:55 PM EDT
Came across one of these at LGS and thought it looked interesting.  Not much info about these on the web.  Does anyone here have experience with this pistol?  I'm going back tonight to impulse buy.  Looks like a sub compact Tokarev.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Pictures?

CD
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Just going by your title description what you have is a Unique model 17. The 9 coups stands for 9 count which is how many rounds the mag holds. A little more information can be found here......

http://www.tague.at/pistolen/en_index.htm?/pistolen/pages/en_unique17.htm
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I went back to this shop yesterday and it was still in the case.  I couldn't resist!

This pistol is surprisingly heavy for it's compact size.  Very comfortable in my hand.  So far I've field stripped, cleaned and oiled.  The finish adds character I suppose.  The numbers on the frame, slide and barrel all match.  I'm looking forward to shooting it very soon.  In the meantime I'm trying to find a date range of production by serial number without luck.

eta pics:

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a Tok got it on with a Colt Pocket Pistol. 9mm?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
7.65mm
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I briefly had one of those, and found it to be a good shooter. Initially, it was intermittent on popping the primer the first time - Wolff  24615 spring kit fixed that all up.

I also understand that it was a very popular piece at the time with the French Officer Corps as well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I briefly had one of those, and found it to be a good shooter. Initially, it was intermittent on popping the primer the first time - Wolff  24615 spring kit fixed that all up.

I also understand that it was a very popular piece at the time with the French Officer Corps as well.
View Quote
Thanks for the great info on the spring kit.  Shot it for the first time yesterday and what a pleasant little gun to shoot.  Between the heavy weight of the gun and the low recoil of 32 acp this piece will be coming on every range trip
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top