Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2016 3:20:11 PM EDT
Picked up a Honor Defense 9mm and took it to the range today. I put 330 rounds through it 200 rounds of Winchester white box and 130 rounds of some old Remington 115 JHP and Federal 115 JHP. I had 4 rounds that failed to fire out of the first box of Winchester white box about one round per magazine during the first four magazines then one that failed to fire about the fish magazine from the second box of Winchester white box. All the rounds that failed to fire had a pretty good firing pin mark. I then fired 130 rounds of old 115 JHP I had laying around and every one fired. Has anyone else had any issues with Winchester white box failing to fire?

The gun shoots great very much less perceived recoil than my Ruger LC9 that I also shot today. It may just be the grip has such a great texture and is very comfortable to shoot. I am going to put another couple of hundred rounds of JHP ammunition through it before I carry it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I had three stovepipes in a G17 Gen 4 during the police academy.  All had a ring around the casing and range master said to use em anyways.  Didn't matter whether gun was clean or dirty over the course of about 2000 rounds.  

Never had a single one in any of previous thousands of rounds through Glocks, Sigs, H&Ks, Kimbers, Springfields, Etc.  Had a weak mag spring once in a G19 induce a malfunction but that was it.

Kel-Tec was only other gun with problems.  Had a $1500 Kimber that was a piece of shit but wasn't the ammo's fault.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Got to the range today and put 250 rounds through my Honor Defense 9mm without any issues, 200 rounds of Remington JHP and 50 rounds of Blazer brass fmj. This is one of the most pleasant shooting compact single stack 9mm pistols that I have shot and I can see the sights without my reading glasses.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Picked up 100 rounds of Winchester white box 9mm and headed to the range. The trip went great not a single issue. Put 100 rounds of Remington 115 gr JHP through it after the Winchester white box ammo and still no issues. I was firing  fast enough that the front part of the slide and barrel where to hot to touch. I took my Walther PPS and found the Honor Defense has much less perceived recoil.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picked up 100 rounds of Winchester white box 9mm and headed to the range. The trip went great not a single issue. Put 100 rounds of Remington 115 gr JHP through it after the Winchester white box ammo and still no issues. I was firing  fast enough that the front part of the slide and barrel where to hot to touch. I took my Walther PPS and found the Honor Defense has much less perceived recoil.
View Quote

That's impressive, the PPS shoots like a full-size/service handgun to me. Sounds like a nice piece, haven't handled one yet!
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice little guns, made not far from me. I REALLY like the grip texture! IMO they should have made it take Shield mags, and drop the price a bit!
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had nothing but problems with Winchester White Box ammo.  

I quit buying and using it about two years ago.

Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
So I get that it looks the Shield from the side, but how about thickness? I heard it was thicker than the Shield (which is what I want). True or false? No one locals carries them. And I mean no one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've had nothing but problems with Winchester White Box ammo.  

I quit buying and using it about two years ago.
View Quote

Friends's H&K USP exploded eating white box Winchester food
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So I get that it looks the Shield from the side, but how about thickness? I heard it was thicker than the Shield (which is what I want). True or false? No one locals carries them. And I mean no one.
View Quote

I find the shield to be to thin for my liking and I prefer the M&P 9C but the honor defense seems a bitt thicker and just right.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't shot mine but took the slide apart and FP channel was full of oil. I polished the ramp because first round from the magazine hanged up; after that no problems with manual charging.
Will see how it works at the range  
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Picked up one today.  Very nice balance, grip is great.  Put 50 rounds through it just a few min ago to test it out and get used to it, just cheap FMJ to get a feel for it.  Extremely excited to have this gun.  Need to find a holster for it and then will probably make it my everyday carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top