These are Walther clones.  

David
View Quote

Which Walther?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The SERPA holster for the Glock 20, 21, S&W M&P 45 will fit the TP9SA/TPV2/TPSF just fine. I have used it myself.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2238111580/blackhawk-cqc-serpa-holster-glock-20-21-s-and-w-m-and-p-45-polymer
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The SERPA holster for the Glock 20, 21, S&W M&P 45 will fit the TP9SA/TPV2/TPSF just fine. I have used it myself.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2238111580/blackhawk-cqc-serpa-holster-glock-20-21-s-and-w-m-and-p-45-polymer

Good to know, thank you. I'll give this a shot; I'd prefer a level 3 ALS holster so I might give that a go too and resell if it doesn't work. I just ordered a Safariland GLS that fits the TP9SA so in theory it should fit the SF as well. Might not work for uniformed work but should be fine for suit and tie assignments.

Quoted:I wonder if any of those old SW99 holsters everyone had in the 90's would fit.  I know the Canik slide is a little longer but it is still a Walther clone.

KT holsters appears to have one for the TP9SA.  KT duty holster

Interesting option. I'm 99% positive we need a level 3 Safariland or Blackhawk holster for uniformed patrol but it's nice to see another option.

My department neve had the 99, but the holsters should be ready available on the second hand market. I'll keep my eye out for one at a good price.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Which Walther?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

David

Which Walther?

The V2 is the closest thing to a P99AS.   David
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Took my BNIB TP9SF to my departmen's range for shits and giggles. To everyone's surprise, the damn thing shot phenomenally (better than our issued M&Ps and frequently compared to H&K). We even wrote it into the approved list for alternate duty / off-duty guns. The biggest problem appears to be holster availability. I haven't found any duty holsters yet. No Safariland ALS or Blackhawk SERPA, just a few concealment holsters by kydex makers.

I'll shoot off a couple emails to Safariland and Canik. If they respond back in the affirmative I'll let y'all know. In the meanwhile I'll keep beating around my pistol and see how well it holds up over several thousand rounds.

Ignoring the fact that the serpa is shitty the gun comes with a serpa clone so why would you bother?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 11:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ignoring the fact that the serpa is shitty the gun comes with a serpa clone so why would you bother?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Took my BNIB TP9SF to my departmen's range for shits and giggles. To everyone's surprise, the damn thing shot phenomenally (better than our issued M&Ps and frequently compared to H&K). We even wrote it into the approved list for alternate duty / off-duty guns. The biggest problem appears to be holster availability. I haven't found any duty holsters yet. No Safariland ALS or Blackhawk SERPA, just a few concealment holsters by kydex makers.

I'll shoot off a couple emails to Safariland and Canik. If they respond back in the affirmative I'll let y'all know. In the meanwhile I'll keep beating around my pistol and see how well it holds up over several thousand rounds.

Two reasons - The pistol doesn't rattle around in the Blackhawk version and the muzzle of the pistol is covered as well. Oh, and the slide is covered less towards the breech, meaning a shorter draw stroke. So, three reasons.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 12:26:24 AM EDT
[#6]
My department has approved Blackhawk and Safariland holsters exclusively for uniformed duty use. If I wanted to carry this gun on duty and the ALS isn't available, it has to be SERPA. The SERPA-clone the gun comes with flexes too much and is generally unstable. Okay for messing around on a range and that's it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 3:02:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

First, if you don't like SERPAs and/or are uncomfortable with them, don't use them. It really is that simple.

That being said, the SERPA knock-off that comes with the gun in MY experience is good enough for casual range use, but no freaking way would I trust that thing for duty or daily carry. ALL of the Canik SERPA-knockoffs that have come with the TP9SAs/TP9V2s I've had have failed to retain the gun in the holster if yanked hard enough...whether or not the retention lever was pressed. I've never been able to do that on an actual Blackhawk SERPA.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

David

Which Walther?

Thanks for the info.  A search turned up this:
http://wookieswords.blogspot.com/2013/11/canik-55-tp-9-vs-walther-p99.html

Looks like Canik started with the Walther design and made quite a few revisions to improve it. I don't think much, if anything, would interchange and the manual of arms is probably a bit different given things like the different mag release design and ambi decock.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#9]
My TP9SA fits perfectly in my DeSantis leather SkyCop holster for a Glock 19 etc..
That could mean that leather DeSantis holsters for Glocks might all work for the Canik.  I don't like cross draw holsters but at least I know where to start.  This holster was in my rather large and extensive holster collection that goes back over 30 years.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Safariland GLS 578 works beautifully. Not a duty holster, granted, but still good enough for suit & tie, range, and training use. Magazine pouches that work for full size M&P 40 mags work just as well for TP9SF mags. It's nice having a decent holster again and I'm not sad one bit about tossing the OEM thing back in the box.

Link Posted: 7/8/2016 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the Canik TP9V2 and I was told by Century Arms directly that with my pistol I should use a S&W M&P Front Sight and a Glock 43 rear sight. I was told the Glock 43 sight specifically because  of how narrow the top of the slide is.

I can post pictures of my slide cuts later if anyone would like to see what they look like.

I'm going to order some sights and try to hammer them in at some point at a later date.

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone know of a trigger/spring kit for, or compatible with, the Canik TP9SA/SF?

I have seen a few DIY videos on you tube....
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Why can't I find an original TP9 in olive drab?  Or even any TP9 for that matter?  

I like the idea of a Turkish companion for my Walther P99, and the company keeps coming up with variations that get away from the original design.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why can't I find an original TP9 in olive drab?  Or even any TP9 for that matter?  

I like the idea of a Turkish companion for my Walther P99, and the company keeps coming up with variations that get away from the original design.
View Quote

TP9V2 is what you seek. Its basically the TP9 with a more ergonomic frame.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know where or how hard you've looked but:

Century Page at Bud's with Caniks in Stock

Grab a Gun with Caniks in Stock

Black Models in Stock at AIM

I've never seen an OD TP9 of any type so all I can say is good luck with that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was looking for the TP9, not the V2/SA/SF....and in green.  I guess not many were brought into the country, and those that did have happy owners who are not parting with them.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_1059/products_id/716007712/CIA+HG2846G-N+Canik-55+TP-9+18+1+9mm+4%22

Sometimes, you ask a question, and the universe answers.

Went a guns how last weekend, saw a TP9 V2, and decided to compromise and get it.

Went to the gun show this weekend, and I found a TP9 (v1).  It wasn't OD green, but black, but life is full of series compromises.  Maybe I'll have it painted.

The magazines for the V2/SA/SF model will go into the original V1 model, but there will be a 1/4 gap between the floor plate and the "step" in the grip.  V1 mags will not go into the V2 because of the built up floor plate/completion of hand grip.

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 6:00:01 AM EDT
[#17]
How's the trigger between V2 and SF?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How's the trigger between V2 and SF?
View Quote

I just got my V2 because they didn't have any SF models in stock at the time. Of course I shoot the V2 and then I try tne SF and the SF trigger is much better. If they'd have had the SF in I'd have got that on ein a heart beat. As it stands though I shoot the V2 well enough for what I intend to do with it (nightstand gun) and the V2 trigger is still pretty damn good it's just not as good as the SF.

The important thing to note is the SF trigger is straight up striker fired and the V2 is a DA/SA so if you want th ability to decock and start from DA mode the V2 is your only option. If you like Glocks and PPQs and XDs then the SF is a  gun for you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I just ordered the TP9SF in desert tan from Centerfire Systems for $299.00.  Price after shipping was $329.00.  Also I can't wait to start drinking the TP9 Kool-Aid with the rest of you.  I have extra mags on order from J&G sales.  They were $1 more than Aim Surplus but when I added other items to my cart they beat Aim on shipping.

Centerfire

I wanted one of these awesome value pistols. Given the unrest in Turkey, who knows how that could impact availability.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#20]
You made the right decision, I haven't looked back from purchasing my SA. I disabled the de-cocker and its good to go now. im patiently awaiting the SFX. If its anything like my SA its gonna be awesome! Be sure to let us know how your SF shoots!

Shown with my Cleveland kydex OWB for TLR1
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

They look pretty good.
Anyone have experience with their holsters?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:09:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope the upcoming SF Elite-9 is going to come in at $349 or less shipped too but from what I've seen so far, it doesn't appear it will.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 1:29:44 AM EDT
[#23]
I've been wanting to pick up a TP9SF but I've become too invested in Glocks. I'd hate to spend $200 on top of the pistol just to be good on magazines for the long haul.

I'm liking the improvements they made though. Sort of odd they switched from using CZ75 sights to a mix of Glock/S&W Sights.

The TP9SF Compact does have me rather curious how ever.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:02:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The TP9SF Compact does have me rather curious how ever.
View Quote

Not gonna be that compact.  It is listing with a 4.2" barrel.  They blew it right there.  3.8-4" would have been the sweet spot.

OTOH, I am picking up a gently used TP9SF locally for $250 cash today.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#25]
That's a good deal.  I got a SF few months ago for $300 and was happy.  $250 is great.  David
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That's a good deal.  I got a SF few months ago for $300 and was happy.  $250 is great.  David
View Quote

Yeah, I don't really need it though.  But I just can't pass it up at that price.  Should make for good trade fodder once Billary ascends the throne.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Barrel length doesnt bother me. Im tempted to make a G19L. But it looks like canik plans on making one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:45:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Has anyone tried the Canik Upgrades from Cajan Gun Works? I am not sure if the hammer/seer upgrade kit would work on SA TP9, it says it makes DA/SA guns SAO. I have a TP9SF which is already SAO and am looking to upgrade the trigger.

Here is a link to the product I am talking about:
https://cajungunworks.com/product/30100-the-ultimate-canik-upgrade/
https://cajungunworks.com/product/30100-the-ultimate-canik-upgrade/
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:28:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Those kits are for the Canik CZ clone pistols and won't work with the TP guns.  David
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Two reasons - The pistol doesn't rattle around in the Blackhawk version and the muzzle of the pistol is covered as well. Oh, and the slide is covered less towards the breech, meaning a shorter draw stroke. So, three reasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let not forget the left handed owners out there... that is four reasons.  

I am late to the party but just ordered my Canik TP9-SF in Desert Tan and 3 extra 18rd mags.

Also my very first post on AR15.com and it is in the Canik thread ;)   I read this forum for years just never bothered getting an account till now.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Good to know, thank you. I'll give this a shot; I'd prefer a level 3 ALS holster so I might give that a go too and resell if it doesn't work. I just ordered a Safariland GLS that fits the TP9SA so in theory it should fit the SF as well. Might not work for uniformed work but should be fine for suit and tie assignments.

Interesting option. I'm 99% positive we need a level 3 Safariland or Blackhawk holster for uniformed patrol but it's nice to see another option.

My department neve had the 99, but the holsters should be ready available on the second hand market. I'll keep my eye out for one at a good price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:I wonder if any of those old SW99 holsters everyone had in the 90's would fit.  I know the Canik slide is a little longer but it is still a Walther clone.

Safariland GLS 578 will fit the Canik TP9SA just fine.   I carry mine off duty in one on occasion and I prefer the GLS security system.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 4:26:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Canik Threaded Barrel 1/2x28 Thread made by RCM

Each barrel is finely & painstakingly made from ordnance grade steel, heat treated & finished inside & out in the ultra- desirable "nitride" finish. This is the finest threaded barrel available for the Canik 9mm. The perfect barrel for use as a spare or for adding muzzle devices such as sound suppressors. Each RCM Canik Tactical barrel is a drop in replacement for your Canik TP9SF, TP9V2 original TP9.

•Tactical threaded barrel threaded 1/2 X 28 US - common thread pitch so fits most suppressors without the need for an adapter.

•Each barrel includes the thread protector ($30 value)

•Traditional button rifled bore for use with jacketed and non-jacketed ammunition

•1:10 right hand twist

•4140 stress relieved & properly heat treated steel

•Micro polished feed ramp

•Machined to exact tolerances for proper fitment

•Overall length

•Finished inside and out in the "Nitride" process for enhanced service life

•Traditional land and groove rifling

•100% made in the U.S.A.

Canik TP9SA 9MM Threaded Barrel 1/2x28 Thread made by RCM ONLY FITS TP9SA  

Canik TP9SF Threaded Barrel 1/2x28 Thread made by RCM ONLY FITS TP9SF

Canik TP9V2 Threaded Barrel 1/2x28 Thread made by RCM ONLY FITS TP9V2 & original TP9

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 4:39:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Alien Gear Holsters

Here is a holster for CC or OC

CANIK TP9SA HOLSTER
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#35]
This will be my last post.
I own the CANIK TP9SF but I'm left handed so I swapped the mag release on it and after 250 rounds down range it's still releasing flawless. It may look hard to do on the tp9sf because of the pin inserted in the release in two areas but with the right tools it can be done quickly. I ended up pulling the pin with needle nose pliers and then swapping release around and then pinching the pin and placing it in the cutout and then sliding it down into place in the mag release. I won't lie I did have the pin fly across the room once. I should of made a how to video but totally didn't think about it till I finished.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This will be my last post.
I own the CANIK TP9SF but I'm left handed so I swapped the mag release on it and after 250 rounds down range it's still releasing flawless. It may look hard to do on the tp9sf because of the pin inserted in the release in two areas but with the right tools it can be done quickly. I ended up pulling the pin with needle nose pliers and then swapping release around and then pinching the pin and placing it in the cutout and then sliding it down into place in the mag release. I won't lie I did have the pin fly across the room once. I should of made a how to video but totally didn't think about it till I finished.
View Quote

Why the last post comment? Are you going away?
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Lol not at all .. just was on a rant last night with posts ... figured I'd let others post some stuff
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey man if you are adding content and something beneficial; no harm in posting.

I kinda feel bad I haven't added much. But I haven't really looked back at my Canik.

Seems like a good pistol, but I'm not in the mood to invest in other magazines/spare parts at the moment.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I hear ya. Picked up my tp9sf a few months ago and enjoy it completely. I have not gotten to invested in my m&p shield and I actually like this pistol more. So I have a bunch of mags on order. I came across this forum while reading up on upgrades for it. I figured I'd register and give some upgrade options I came across. My next purchase will be that threaded barrel for it so I can use my silencer on it but I got to convince the wife :) . May have to bribe her with the m&p shield
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Sootch00 just did a full review of the new Canik TP9sf elite on his youtube channel. I would really like to get my hands on one to see how it feels compared to the G19. That is a lot of gun for around $400. He said the trigger feels better than the sa/sf versions.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:43:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Coming Soon!
Canik TP9SF night sights will be available for purchase in early 2017. XS Sights will only fit the Canik TP9SF.

There will not be a solution for the Canik TP9SA.

XS Sights Website

https://youtu.be/eEELCxbPmSo
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Huh. I've never seen this before.

Any feedback from members here?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Safariland GLS 578 works beautifully. Not a duty holster, granted, but still good enough for suit & tie, range, and training use. Magazine pouches that work for full size M&P 40 mags work just as well for TP9SF mags. It's nice having a decent holster again and I'm not sad one bit about tossing the OEM thing back in the box.

http://i.imgur.com/10p0grM.jpg?1
View Quote

Just got one of the 578 GLS for my Canik off Amazon, seems like a great holster for the money and I really prefer the release lever over the Serpa button.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Edited-joker581
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just got one of the 578 GLS for my Canik off Amazon, seems like a great holster for the money and I really prefer the release lever over the Serpa button.
View Quote

Which gun from the down down did you choose for the Canik TP9SF?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Anyone find a decent holster for the TP9SF to attach to a war belt ?
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I think I posted this somewhere in the thread.  KT Holsters looks like they make the level 2 duty AKELAT for the SA which would fit the SF.  Looks like you have to scroll half way down the page for the level 2.  David

KT holster
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#49]
What is the TP9DA? Is this the same as the V2? Saying it is SA/DA.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Due to restrictions place on the use of optics on pistols for my summers comps, I am selling my RDS set up for the TP9SF (Glock style dovetail).

I am selling this set up because I can't use optics on pistols in the competition series I am doing this summer.  Will to do a partial trade for a Glock rear sight, M$P front or better yet Big Dots set for Canik TP9SF.  Forum rules insist that I assign  a trade value, to the things I would trade for...for Big Dot Sights are new $123.

For sale is Vortex Viper 6moa micro Red Dot and Rear sight mount for pistol.   The lowest profile mini red dot sight on the market this optic melts seamlessly into cut-out slides (Burris FastFire pattern) or with the use mounts installed to the pistols rear sight dovetail.  For those who do not wish to have their pistols slide permanently altered with an optics cut out the combination of this Viper Red Dot with the SI GUM mount will provide the most natural, lowest profile upgrade for your pistol.

RDS Details.
MSRP VORTEX VIPER RED DOT: $329 - Street Price $230
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/viper-red-dot-6-moa-dot

The mount is a Strike GUM (Glock Universal Mount)-MSRP/Street= $50. Easily attaches to pistol rear sight dovetail  on Glock pistols and others featuring rear sight compatibility with Glocks including Canik TP9(SF) allowing mini red dot sight to be mounted super low profile, lowest on the market. Mounting kit includes hardware for most major MRDS models including : Delta Point, RMR, Doctor, EoTech, Vortex, Burris fastfire 1&2 and others.

Mount details here:
https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/products/pistol-accessories/glocktm/glock-universal-optics-mount.html

Pictures of the optic/mount on my Canik Pistol.

Email is the best way to reach me: [email protected]

Please feel free to ask any questions.

I have over $300 invested in this set up. Price for the optic and mount, all in original packaging with everything that came from the factory is $245 OBO or - whatever trade arrangements are made.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top