Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 9:39:35 PM EDT
I'd like to purchase a nice set of Trijicon sights to pair with this pistol. Some people say the Walther P99 sights fit right in and work great so long as you use the original screws from the TP9-SA.

http://www.amazon.com/Walther-Trijicon-P99-Night-Sight/dp/B00J30B570

Does anyone have any experience in this? Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Just wanted to bump this up.  I too am looking for some night sights for the TP9SA and wanting to know what others are using and how they are doing it.

Thanks,
Phil
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#2]
As an aside, I hear that the Walther P99 sights might be a no go. Other users say that the front sight sits in a differently shaped hole and that the back sight is missing a notch. I am completely in the dark so I can neither confirm or deny. I would settle for having to slightly modify the sights in some minor way but I'm not about to modify the slide on the TP9-SA in the event Trijicon makes specific sights for it. BUMP for great justice?!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I asked on Century Arms FB page yesterday and this is what I got from them.

"Currently there are no aftermarket sight for the TP9SA but we are in the process of getting companies to make them."

I too have heard conflicting info on Walther sights, but I really think that they are a No Go.  Hopefully there will be something out soon.

Do you happen to know how to adjust the rear sight?

Phil
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah. The P99 and PPq sights are no-go. I found this on another thread:

Quoted:
Quoted:
It takes Walther P99 sights. I'd contact Mec-Gar since they supply the mags that come with it.
View Quote

The Canik-55 TP9 takes Walther P99 night sights.  The set of Meprolight P99 sights that I put on mine fit right on, but the rear sight required you to use the cross adjustment screw from the original TP9 sight, and you also had to use the original screw and spring from the TP9 that 'retains' the square headed cross adjustment screw.  The front sight just sets on the top of the slide and is retained by the Glock-like hex-headed screw.

The Canik TP9SA rear sight comes without the cross adjustment screw and I haven't fiddled with it enough to see if the screw and spring that retain the cross adjustment screw (when it's there) are contained in the slide underneath the TP9SA rear sight.  In addition, the front sight of the TP9SA is recessed into the top of the slide with a rounded rear end.  The Meprolight P99 front sight is square backed and would leave a space in the milled slot in the top of the slide even if the holes for the retaining screws lined up correctly for attaching the front sight.

Just sayin'...

Forrest

View Quote

As per the rear sights, I am unsure. I'll check the manual and see if I come up with anything.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Checked the manual and it seems to be giving the directions for the original TP9 and NOT the TP9-SA. This is unfortunate. In my opinion, it seems the rear sight has two small Allen Head set screws you would loosen and you just push it out either direction. We would need an official answer to be sure as the documentation is not sufficient.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#6]
it appears no one has found suitable sights for the gun yet.  
I am still looking and all i can find is the p99 sights, which only fit the TP9, not the SA version.  Hopefully when the TP9 V2 comes out, they go back to the walther sights.  
Trijicon makes an HD set for the walther that fits the TP9.

I also hope the TP9V2 retains the length of the TP9SA
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I emailed Dawson Precision and offered to send them my slide and purchase a set of sights it they made them.  I have Dawson sights on my P07 and love them.  I was hoping since they made Walther sights already that they would entertain the idea.  They said they had no plans for new sights.  I kind of figured they were busy with the work they have had but I thought I would try.  David
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:20:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I emailed Dawson Precision and offered to send them my slide and purchase a set of sights it they made them.  I have Dawson sights on my P07 and love them.  I was hoping since they made Walther sights already that they would entertain the idea.  They said they had no plans for new sights.  I kind of figured they were busy with the work they have had but I thought I would try.  David
View Quote

Hey, it's better to ask and get a negative response than to never know. I'm almost at the point where I might try clamping the sights in a vise and drill pressing some holes for inserts. I hear in the past Trijicon used to install inserts on factory sights so long as you sent them pre-drilled. Is this still the case?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I found out cz75 sights should work/fit
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you provide a link or some pictures to prove this? Did you do this yourself? If so, could you explain the process? Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Can you provide a link or some pictures to prove this? Did you do this yourself? If so, could you explain the process? Thanks for the input.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read it on the Canik owner Facebook page. This is what I posted in another thread. Some guy managed to put a cz75 front sight on his Canik

Appears CZ75 front sights fit the Canik TP9SA. Not sure about the rear sight though.

Rear dovetail looks similar.

I'd order a pair of night sights but I'm broke at the moment. (tuition payment, rent, bills, etc) back to back >.<

So if anyone else wants to try it out let me know <.<

Seriously wondering why fiber optic sights cost more than the meprolights for the CZ series...

These seem sweet for $73 but are on back order

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/819903/lpa-spr-sight-set-cz-75-85-with-dovetail-front-sight-steel-white-outline

I'll order a pair eventually. Worse case scenerio, if they don't fit. I'll probably buy a Canik Shark/Stingray

Also the Canik slide will not work in a Glock or M&P MGW sight pusher. The slide is too high and would come into contact with the pusher. Not sure how easy the sights slide out. I'll check now.

Edit: Im not even sure what tool can remove the rear sight screws. Looks like a torx or allen screw possibly. I didn't have anything small enough to use at the moment.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#12]
It is a 1/16 Allen.   The CZ sight idea is interesting.  I took my rear sight off on my desert tan TP9SA because I was going to get the whole pistol cerakoted.  I have since decided to just do the frame so I never took the front sight off.   The righ side screw was stripped and I had to drill it out.  I used a screw from my stock P07 rear sight and it threaded right in.  I didn't even think to check the dove tail on the Canik with the CZ.  I'll look around in the parts box and see if I have a CZ front sight.  I just have to figure out how to get the TP9SA front sigh out when I get the pistol back from the shop.  

I used a hardwood block to drive it off.  It wasn't to bad,about the same force as driving off a metal Glock rear sight.  

I use to have a Stingray.  The CZ sights are not an exact fit for that either from what I have read in the Clone section of the CZ forum.  David
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It is a 1/16 Allen.   The CZ sight idea is interesting.  I took my rear sight off on my desert tan TP9SA because I was going to get the whole pistol cerakoted.  I have since decided to just do the frame so I never took the front sight off.   The righ side screw was stripped and I had to drill it out.  I used a screw from my stock P07 rear sight and it threaded right in.  I didn't even think to check the dove tail on the Canik with the CZ.  I'll look around in the parts box and see if I have a CZ front sight.  I just have to figure out how to get the TP9SA front sigh out when I get the pistol back from the shop.  

I used a hardwood block to drive it off.  It wasn't to bad,about the same force as driving off a metal Glock rear sight.  

I use to have a Stingray.  The CZ sights are not an exact fit for that either from what I have read in the Clone section of the CZ forum.  David
View Quote

Now that I think about it my screws might be stripped out also. I haven't bothered hunting down that allen wrench. I've been busy and haven't been home too much..

FYI if anyone is curious. Blade tech attachments fit the Serpa style holster that came with the gun.
Fits perfectly with no mods.

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/117491/blade-tech-tek-lok-belt-clip-polymer-black?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-pf_ci_google-_-pf_ci_google-_-pf_ci_google&gclid=CjwKEAjwucmoBRDmysGsgbDr5j0SJAAxL9abA75tjQ6Gcun5ktcms5yji9Py-KcCZjRx2iu-suxquxoCNSbw_wcB
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#14]
A little late but this came up while I was looking for the same information.  First, I went to the Century Arms Facebook page and they'd posted a couple of days ago the K&W Gun Works in Del Rey, Florida will install new sights for $30.  So I called them up and Mike, there, confirmed it and said that CZ75 sights are the ones to get.  I also just received an email today from DVOR/Optics Planet with Meprolights for the CZ on sale for $65 ($10 S&H).  I've order them but haven't decided whether I'm shipping the slide of or let someone local to me handle it.

http://www.dvor.com/meprolight-tru-dot-night-sights-for-cz-pistols.html

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 1:20:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Ever have any luck with those CZ sights?
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:57:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I put a set of XS big dot sights for the CZ 75 on mine.  I should say that I sent it to a shop in FL to have them do it.  I can't remember the name of the shop but it is listed on Century Arms facebook page.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Can you post a few pictures.  I have been looking around and the CZ sights all look out of place on the TP9SA slide.  I have been looking hard at the Truglo TFX sights but don't want a lego block on top of my slide.  David

Quoted:
I put a set of XS big dot sights for the CZ 75 on mine.  I should say that I sent it to a shop in FL to have them do it.  I can't remember the name of the shop but it is listed on Century Arms facebook page.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Any movement on this?  I'd like to hear from anyone who's personally installed aftermarket sights on their TP9SA.  Mainly concerned with the front sight, and whether or not it's a "drop-in" fit with the CZ75 sight.  I don't mind the rear sight at all, and will most likely black out the two dots leaving just the vertical line, but I'd like to have some tritium up front.
Thanks,
Paul
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
it appears no one has found suitable sights for the gun yet.  
I am still looking and all i can find is the p99 sights, which only fit the TP9, not the SA version.  Hopefully when the TP9 V2 comes out, they go back to the walther sights.  
Trijicon makes an HD set for the walther that fits the TP9.

I also hope the TP9V2 retains the length of the TP9SA
View Quote

Do you have any links to the ones that fit the original TP9?
That's what I have and am looking to find a better front site (or replacing them both).

{For what it's worth, after much research I found out that the only difference between the TP9 and the V2 version is the frame.
It appear that they simply took the internals out of the TP9 and stuck them into an SA frame. I happen to like the finger grooves so I went with the TP9 original.}

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Today I put feelers out to Trijicon, TruGlo, Dead Ringer, XS Sights and Novak seeing what I hear back from them.
I will post the results as they come in.

Roger
San Antonio, TX
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

As per the rear sights, I am unsure. I'll check the manual and see if I come up with anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It takes Walther P99 sights. I'd contact Mec-Gar since they supply the mags that come with it.

The Canik-55 TP9 takes Walther P99 night sights.  The set of Meprolight P99 sights that I put on mine fit right on, but the rear sight required you to use the cross adjustment screw from the original TP9 sight, and you also had to use the original screw and spring from the TP9 that 'retains' the square headed cross adjustment screw.  The front sight just sets on the top of the slide and is retained by the Glock-like hex-headed screw.

Just sayin'...
Forrest

When you installed the Meprolight P99 sights, did they seem to be spot on after installation? Did they require any tweaking to match POA/POI at +/- 15 yards?

Thank you in advance for a reply.

Roger

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Any movement on this?  I'd like to hear from anyone who's personally installed aftermarket sights on their TP9SA.  Mainly concerned with the front sight, and whether or not it's a "drop-in" fit with the CZ75 sight.  I don't mind the rear sight at all, and will most likely black out the two dots leaving just the vertical line, but I'd like to have some tritium up front.
Thanks,
Paul
View Quote

I spoke with Century C/S and they did confirm CZ75 sights will fit. Has anyone removed the front sight yet? It looks like the pin on the dot side of the sight would be driven down into the slide.
Can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess that if we get desperate -- or have a front site that can't be changed by replacement -- we can always do what this guy did!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Fiber-Optic-pistol-sight/?ALLSTEPS

While I don't think I would do what he did you have to admit that it is pretty creative!

Roger
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I said I would get back with the results of my email inquiries...

Novak, TruGlo and Trijicon blew me off.

Dawson precision gave me the following reply:

Hello,
   We can do a sight estimate. You can send in the slide and we will accurately measure the dovetails on the optical comparator. You would be charged 15.00 to return ship your slide. If you want to do this, call and set up the estimate.

We want to help and don't want to confuse you with any one else, so please include original message text with all replies.

Huston Tech Support
Dawson Precision
866-300-1911
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I found some older (but probably still pertinent) information for sight heights, etc...

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/faq-ppq/20822-ppq-p99-sight-sizes-part-numbers-list.html

Hope someone finds this helpful.

Roger
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you sent something to them on 13FEB and they blew you off by not answering by 15FEB...?

I think that I see where a problem exists...

Forrest

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So you sent something to them on 13FEB and they blew you off by not answering by 15FEB...?

Forrest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forrest

Let's assume the best in others. :)

No. They all replied that they had "no idea" when asked about fitting the TP9V1 with their sights...

BTW, I just now heard back from Century Arms and they said that the CZ75 sights will work for a front sight replacement.

Roger
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No. They all replied that they had "no idea" when asked about fitting the TP9V1 with their sights...

BTW, I just now heard back from Century Arms and they said that the CZ75 sights will work for a front sight replacement.

Roger
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forrest

Roger

So they both responded immediately to your question but didn't have the answer you were looking for and you call that 'blowing you off'...?

That's not 'blowing you off' to me, and probably not to most reading this...

And if you're calling the original TP9 the TP9V1, I can tell you that CZ75 sights will not fit since the gun uses Walther P99 type sights, regardless of what Century Arms told you.

Both the TP9SA and the TP9v2 use CZ75 type sights...

Just sayin'...

Forrest

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So they both responded immediately to your question but didn't have the answer you were looking for and you call that 'blowing you off'...?

And if you're calling the original TP9 the TP9V1, I can tell you that CZ75 sights will not fit since the gun uses Walther P99 type sights, regardless of what Century Arms told you.

Just sayin'...

Forrest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forrest

Roger

Just sayin'...

Forrest

Ok Whatever! Ya know it never seems to fail that there is always some asshole out there who just cant seem to keep their ego under control === who the fuck are you anyway? Fuck off!!!

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:21:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ok Whatever! Ya know it never seems to fail that there is always some asshole out there who just cant seem to keep their ego under control === who the fuck are you anyway? Fuck off!!!
View Quote

Well, the first step in solving your problem is admitting you have one...

Good luck...

Forrest

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:47:57 AM EDT
[#30]
friggen 16er.  love seeing the uppity new guy play an uninvested game of interwebz psychoanalysis.

I, for one, will believe the cz75 sights fit my TP9SA or TP9SF (tp9sf is totally different than the sa by the way) when someone posts ANY evidence with pictures.  So let's see the pics folks!  Millions of tp9 users are waiting.  

Also, I make kydex holsters and I'm taking orders for tp9sa/sf holsters since there's none really out there.  Black, gray, charcoal, FDE, OD green, kryptek, digital pink, urban digital, OWB, IWB, light bearing, cant or no cant.  $60 for non light bearing, $70 for lightbearing, $45 for vertical dual mag holsters, $30 for single horizontal mag holster.  Price includes shipping. message me if interested.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 4:49:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't have access to pictures right now but I have a TP9SA and TP9SF.  The TP9SA has CZ75 XS sights on it.  The TP9SF has a Wilson Combat Vickers' sights (Glock rear/M&P front)
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#32]
For the TP9SF, Is that a regular Glock Rear and a Full Size M&P front sight?  Just want to make sure I purchase the right sights.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't have access to pictures right now but I have a TP9SA and TP9SF.  The TP9SA has CZ75 XS sights on it.  The TP9SF has a Wilson Combat Vickers' sights (Glock rear/M&P front)
View Quote

Just out of curiosity, do you know what it took to mount the CZ75 XS sights on the TP9SA?

Since I have access to a Bridgeport milling machine, I can make just about any sight fit any pistol (that's not really true of course, but I think that you catch my drift here... ).

If you compare the Meprolight NS set for the CZ75 to a TP9SA or TP9v2, you'll see that the front sight looks like it'll fit the dovetail but the original TP9 sight blade is shorter front to back and has a small pin on the front (towards the shooters eye) of the sight.  The Meprolight sight has a longer blade (even though the total length of the insert is the same, the blade longer presumably to allow enough space to contain the tritium vial).  This longer blade covers the pin position in the original sight.

I haven't played with any of this enough to see how the Meprolight front side would be retained on the TP9 guns. but presumably someone has...

My point is only that most people interested in replacing the TP9SA and TP9v2 (which use the same sights) sights with aftermarket (Trijicon, Meprolight, whatever) sights want to be able to have something that is customer exchangeable with normal tools (including, perhaps some rear sight pusher).  Knowing how the sights on your TP9SA and TP9SF were installed would be really helpful...

Forrest

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 5:10:36 AM EDT
[#34]
On the SF they were done with a sight pusher like normal but the seemed extra tight.  On the SA I had to send them away to have them put on.  There is a shop in FL that does it for $40+sight cost.  I believe on the SA the rear sight is just a simple dovetail but the front is pinned on.   When I spoke with the people they said that they just drove the front sight straight off and replaced the pin on the new sight.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Can you post that shop info as I would send them my slide if they take the work.  I don't have a SA model but I would love to see a picture of how the M&P sight looks.  David
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Instead of messing with the front sight on mine I bought a set of take-off CZ75 sights and replaced my rear sight with the CZ sight.  Mine had been shooting low and the CZ rear was just slightly taller even after filing a little off the bottom to fit it to the dovetail.  Brought POI right up for a close 6 o'clock hold.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#37]
One of my initial targets with the Canik sights.  (10 yds). You can see low/left hits.

" />

CZ 75 rear sight installed.

" />

Results.  Same gun range, same distance.  German MEN 124gr ammo, but right at point of aim.

" />

Edited to resize pics
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for posting the pictures.  I've got a CZ rear in the parts box I may have to give a try.  David
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#39]
I have the Canik TP9V2 and I was told by Century Arms directly that with my pistol I should use a S&W M&P Front Sight and a Glock 43 rear sight. I was told the Glock 43 sight specifically because  of how narrow the top of the slide is.

I can post pictures of my slide cuts later if anyone would like to see what they look like.

I'm going to order some sights and try to hammer them in at some point at a later date.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#40]
After researching numerous online forums to try to figure out how to remove the front sight on the TP9SA, I decided that I was just going to use a steel punch and drive it out myself. Anyway, it was successful and here are the pictures that i took along the way. The sights that i am using are TRUGLO TFX PRO CZ 75 series model # TG13CZ1PC
Don't get discouraged, the front sight takes a lot of force to pound out.. At one point I thought that I had destroyed the gun since the front sight was mushroomed out, but then it started to move out.. So it can be done, just be patient and tape
the slide off so it doesn't get damaged, unlike what I did. check the link below for all the pictures

http://s141.photobucket.com/user/macmova/slideshow/Canik%20TP9SA

" />
" />
" />
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:34:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Before I order let me verify. The CZ 75 front sight will work on the TP9SA?
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#42]
In this video he talks about how XS is making sights for this pistol that should be out about now.  

TP9 video review
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#43]
After reading that CZ-75 night sights fit the TP9SA, I gave it ago.  The short answer is yes they do.   Here is how.  These are Tru Glo sights.  YMMV if you use another product:
BEFORE you proceed you need the following:
Drill with bit the size of the small silver pin holding the factory front sight in place.
Smallest allen wrench you can find
Hammer and non marring (I used brass) drifts
File or emery paper
Epoxy or JB Weld
Something to clean and degrease sight dovetails
Padded vise 'cause the sights are TIGHT inside those dovetails

Steps
I tried to drive out the silver pin holding the front sight on with a punch.  No go.  Drilled it out.  Took longer to type this than it did to do it.
Had to dig through all my crap to find a allen wrench tiny enough to loosen the screws holding factory rear sight on.   Finally found one that sorta fit and got a turn or so on each one.  I have no idea what size it is.  It is small.
Ok, now beat the sights out.  They are TIGHT.   Brass drift did the work with a small ball peen.
Clean dovetails.  
Now the CZ sights would not start in the dovetails at all.   File the BOTTOMS of the night sights until they will start and slip about a third of the way into the dovetail.  DO NOT file the sides....just the bottom.   Trust me on this.
Tap the sights in gently.  Center the rear and drive the front ALL the way into the dovetail.  The CZ sight is shorter than the Tru Glo.   Drive it in.  
I epoxied the very front of the front sight dovetail to keep it from ever moving.   You may come up with a better idea but mine was cheap and fast.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top