Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/7/2002 8:26:05 PM EDT
I reciently purchest a 1911. I was planing on buying a Spring field Mil. spec. When i was at the gun shop the guy that owns it talked me into a full sise charles daly instead. I figured he must not be lying seeing as he was selling me a cheaper gun. He also said if I didnt like how it shot I could bring it back in 2 weeks. I was wondering if anyone has herd bad things about charles daly's?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 4:04:33 AM EDT
Does your serial number start with CD and where was it made?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:08:02 AM EDT
I believe that charles daly and rock island are both made in the phillipiens by Armscor.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 3:27:00 PM EDT
If it works....use it...right now..everyone is selling 1911copies....it`s hard to tell anymore which ones are good/bad.....
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:35:44 PM EDT
Got one.

It shoots as well (& sometimes better than) my Kimber full size. I wouldn't worry about it.

I did replace the slide stop with a Wilson Combat slide stop & that solved the only problem I have had with it. I use Wilson Combat magazines with it.

I suggest you shoot it & make sure it meets your reliability standards...if not, go back & get the SA.

I shoot the same groups with it that I do with my Kimber...I've been happy with the CD.

Top Top