Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2002 2:59:49 PM EDT
I am looking to buy a Makarov, HELP !!
I want to buy one in 9x18 and good-excellent condition. I want to know the specs on them (weight and dimensions) and what you all think about them. I hear tons of bad and ood on them. ALSO, can someone help me find one in the country for the best price?? (let me know where you got yours and for how much) What is the best country of manufacture? THANKS A BUNCH FOR THE INFO GUYS !!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:31:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The general feeling is that the Maks from EG and Russia were the highest quality, but those from Bulgaria were very close. Your biggest issue will be to see if they are approved for sale in CA. The last time I checked they were not on the CA approved list.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Makarovs are not on the CA approved handgun list. The only way to get one in CA is private party transfer. You might try posting a WTB (want to buy) in Equipment Exchange on this board or The Firing Line or Glock Talk.

The East German and Bulgarian Maks come with fixed sights and the current production commercial Russian Maks come with adjustable sights. There are military/police issue Russian Maks with fixed sights but those are more expensive.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Bulgarian mak`s at SOG internat`l...for about $100.......if that helps?....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top