Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 4/27/2003 4:02:19 PM EDT
Anyone here have a K9 or a K40? I can't carry yet, but I plan to when I can, and I really liked the feel of the K series. Can anyone comment on them? They fit my hand pretty well, but I'm curious as to how accurate they are, etc. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Thumbs up on the K-40.I bought mine for carry.However it stays in the safe mostly.
I carry my Glock instead.

GLOCK23
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#2]
G23,

Thanks for the input. How far does the slide catch stick out on the side? I've read that they stick out quite a bit, but it's been quite a while since I've been able to get my hands on one for an in-depth look.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 3:24:08 AM EDT
[#3]
It really isn't bad.
I've heard some say that the edges bothered them and wanted them rounded off.
I have no problems with the way it is.
GLOCK23
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had them both and currently own a K40 Elite. While I'm certainly no 9mm fan, the K9 is a good bit easier to shoot well than the 40. Accuracy and reliability are superb in either. They are great concealment guns. I'd recommend the Alessi Talon Plus IWB holster. It makes the small K series gun comfortably disappear under a tee shirt.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:09:48 AM EDT
[#5]
The earlier slide catch was thicker than the new one. My P40 had the old one when I bought it new, but would lock the slide back for every shot. An email to Kahr and they sent me a new spring and slide catch for free...voila, no more problems, and the new catch is much thinner.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:52:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 K9 Elite 98's (one is in my sig pic) they both have the earlier slide stop.  I took both out and rounded the corner and lower edge where it contacts the thumb and then polished and stoned the worked area uniformly smooth, no more problems.  I carry mine in a Milt Sparks 55BN or sometimes a Sparks Model EX Companion IWB.  Great little guns
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the feed-back, gents. I'll definitely have to keep it in mind, especially the holster recommendations!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I just picked up a P40 and gotta say that I'm impressed with how easy it is to shoot well. Most small handguns carry much better than they shoot, not so with this Kahr. It also has a bite to match its bark  
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top