Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 3/9/2006 6:56:19 PM EDT
Kahr PM40 and Pearce Grip Extension

Im having a problem getting my clip to fit with the Pearce Grip Extension installed. Anyone else having this problem? Should I just sand off a little of the extension?

thanks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:37:29 AM EDT
Mine fit without a problem; in fact, there's about 1/2mm wiggle room.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:07:36 PM EDT
I had troubles with mine too. When I FINALLY did get it installed the mag wouldn't always seat and lock completely in the pistol and would drop loose after a shot or 2. I messed with them for a long time and never did get them to work consistantly and eventually removed them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:38:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JETWC:
I had troubles with mine too. When I FINALLY did get it installed the mag wouldn't always seat and lock completely in the pistol and would drop loose after a shot or 2. I messed with them for a long time and never did get them to work consistantly and eventually removed them.

+1.

Mine went on easily, but I had the same magazine ejection problems (interestingly, also after 1-2 shots fired). I also had a follower break while using the grip extensions; may have been a coincidence, but hasn't happened on two standard magazines. I also went back to the standard floorplates.

As an aside, I was having very infrequent (but annoying) FTGB during long strings of shooting, which I attributed to fatigue-related limp-wristing. I added a Hogue Handall Junior to the grip, which helped lock the gun in my hand and eliminated the FTGB. I never had a problem with FTGB in the first 30-40 rounds, , and the Handall 'sticks' to clothing, so I take the Handall off for carry.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Top Top