Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 12/30/2005 1:44:01 PM EDT
After doing a lot of reading about them and thinking about buying one for several years, I finally got one.  I got the PM9094 with night sights.  This is the model with the blackened slide.

I have fairly large thin hands and I don't mind the way this little gun feels.  To give an example, I find the Sig 228/9 series of pistols to be about the most comfortable guns around for me.  I can handle just about any size grip on the larger pistols due to having long thin fingers.  So the small grip and long trigger pull had me a little worried.

But my worries were quickly forgotten when I took it to the range.  I fired 50 rounds of ball ammo and 14 rounds of 115gr Gold Dot.  I had no problem with the trigger pull at the ranges this gun was intended for.  At 3 and 7 yards hitting center mass on the target was no problem although I did find myself pulling a little to the left which I attibute to the long trigger pull and my long fingers.  At 15 yards I had to concentrate hard to hit the target reliably.  But I haven't been shooting in quite some time so I attribute part of it to my rustiness.

The gun functioned flawlessly for first 30 or so rounds but began to not completely chamber the next round and stovepiped one time as I finished up the 50 round box.  I did not clean the gun before going to the range so it was a little dirty from the factory and that combined with the gun being very tight from the factory contributed to the malfunctions.  I expect it to loosen up with more rounds fired and fully expect this gun to be totally reliable once broken in.

Recoil.  Not nearly as bad as I expected.  Having shot snub nosed .38's and a couple 380's I expected this more powerful gun to kick a lot.  It definitely kicks but not very bad at all.  The Gold Dot ammo kicked considerably harder than the cheap ball ammo I bought at the range.  I did not find it hard at all to shoot 60+ rounds out of it.  Loading the clips was more painful for sure.  I did notice that the extended magazine gave me a substantial improvement in control over the gun than the shorter clip.  No doubt that is due to having 3 fingers on the grip instead of 2.  

Accuracy seemed to be just fine and more than adequate for a CCW.  Especially, considering the long DA trigger pull and my lack of practice shooting DAO.  I typically practice with my Sigs and shoot the first shot DA and then the follow-ups are SA.

The sights are Trijicon 3 dot night sights and they seem to be a perfect match to this gun.

All in all I am quite happy with this little gun and now have a handgun that I can actually carry instead of leaving at home or in the truck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Kahr and have the same problem with the trigger pull. I have to really concentrate at 25 yards. Other than the trigger Ihave no complaints with mine.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top