Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2016 8:22:51 AM EDT
I've got a Kahr CM380 and a nice leather pocket holster. I've practiced drawing it out of my coat pockets and pants pockets and it's faster to get it out without a holster. I'm wondering if it would be safe to carry it without the holster if nothing else is in my pocket with it. Seems like it would be with the long trigger pull. I'm asking because I don't want to shoot myself if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I have carried that way.The biggest problem is that it is awfully hard on pockets.I bought a cheap nylon holster and removed the belts loops.That saves the pocket but it's awfully SLOW.........the pistol is snug in the holster.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#2]
It won't be faster to draw after you've walked around a bit and the gun has shifted to a muzzle up position.

You need to use a holster. Try a Desantis Nemesis, mine have all worked well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't see a scenario where I would be trying to out draw Marshall Dillon so I use a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally I would never carry without a holster. For my kahr I use a basic kydex holster that I made myself. It's much more loose than a belt mounted holster. Also I add a ledge so my middle finger can help push the gun up and out of the holster on the draw. Then I also have a "hook" that can catch my pocket back edge and further pull the gun out on the draw. Great think about pocket carry is that you can have your hand gripped on the gun without anyone noticing

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 1:39:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Get a Mika holster for pocket carry
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 2:04:13 AM EDT
[#6]
In to see how long it takes OP to negligently blast himself in the sack!

My vote is for the DeSantis Nemesis holster that someone else mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 2:14:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I would never pocket carry without a holster!!!

I love my desantis nemesis for my CM9.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 2:19:56 AM EDT
[#8]
No way. At least use something that covers the trigger like a Raven Vanguard. 

No holster carry is a good way to shoot yourself. 
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 2:23:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I have DeSantis nemesis for my LC9, shield, and xds. I can draw very quickly with it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 3:10:56 AM EDT
[#10]
When I pocket carry the 23 it has an empty chamber.  I can pull the trigger through my pocket in my jeans.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top