Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 10/10/2015 2:50:07 AM EDT
I have a CW9 that I use as a BUG or as a lightweight / more discrete carry piece.
I've  got 3 spare mags and I use an Alien Gear IWB - very comfy....

My question - has anyone shot one of these to destruction or to a point where things started going wrong?
Should I shoot the shit out of this or baby it??

Admittedly, my personal experience with polymer guns is limited.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
My CW9 has roughly 1500 rounds through it without issue, only thing I bothered changing was adding trijicon front sight.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Recoil and magazine springs should be changed somewhere between 500 and 1000 rounds. And it should last.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I entered a discussion on this topic a couple of weeks ago on the KAHR TALK FORUM and while there are all kinds of answers that won't cut it on THE HIGH ROAD FORUM I find there is very little empirical data that would give any indication of a predicted failure vs. number of shots fired.  I think the only way to know is to buy one and lots of ammo and go to it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a CW9 with 1250 rounds.  The only modification I did was add the Trijicon front sight.  The white paint on the rear sight fell off, which suits me just fine as I prefer a plain black rear sight.  Around 500 rounds the slide stop pin started "walking" out of the frame while shooting.  A trip back to Kahr for an additional retention pin in the frame solved that, and now the pin stays where it belongs.  Function has been excellent and I have not noticed any undue internal wear from the shooting I've done with it.  I doubt I will ever wear it out.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm at the 1200 round count with mine, given I've owned the CW9 for a few years now. I've only had a slide stop release spring go bad. It just prevented the slide from staying back after the mag was emptied. Didn't effect performance at all. Kahr replaced the slide stop spring and was GTG.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I read the nypd had problems with the barrel hood peening with higher round counts. Has anybody else heard that?
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I read the nypd had problems with the barrel hood peening with higher round counts. Has anybody else heard that?
View Quote

This was a problem ten or so years ago.   I recall it was only with the early pm9's
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My CW9 has roughly 1500 rounds through it without issue, only thing I bothered changing was adding trijicon front sight.
View Quote

How hard was that with the sight being pinned?
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Twisted the plastic sight off, drop in new sight, lil loctite on the screw and you're good to go.

https://youtu.be/wWsIZGWvQfo(on mobile, too lazy to embed)
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a CM40 with north of a 1,000 rounds.  It goes through recoil springs pretty quickly but I probably change them more often than most.  With a round chambered and the muzzle pointed up if I pull the slide out of battery and slowly release, if it doesn't move itself back into battery I change the spring.  I also run the extra power springs.   Anyway I've learned to really like this little thing.  It pretty much goes everywhere with me.   I either ankle carry or pocket carry it.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top