Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2015 6:34:08 PM EDT
I have a CW9 I really like for the most part. The size, ergonomics and shootability is great. However, I just can't get used to the long trigger reset. I don't mind the trigger pull, but the reset is just too long for me. I end up short stroking it often. I'm really used to Glock triggers and am thinking about getting the 43, but honestly I like how the CW9 handles better, except for that trigger. So, my question is, is there a spring or something I can change out that shortens the reset? If I could improve the trigger it would be pretty much the perfect carry gun tfor me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
That's just the Kahr trigger system, there is no way to change it.  It's either practice with it or as you said, get a Glock. I've had a CM9 for a while and I went through the same thing of hating the trigger and wanting to change it. I added the Wolff reduced power striker spring and it brought the pull weight down nicely, but the reset was still long. It's the design and there is no way around it. I practiced till I started shooting very well with it and have kept it because there was nothing close and as reliable in it's size. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the latest kahr designs have a trigger safety similar to a glock and have a shorter pull/reset - prob not glock short - but better than the traditional design
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
That's the Kahr "Elite" trigger, used on most all the higher end Kahr's.
It's about 1/2 inch shorter pull then the original trigger now known as the NYPD trigger.

The Elite trigger unit can be installed on most of the Kahr models by the factory.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top