Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 4/26/2014 12:27:04 PM EDT
Anyone else had shitty luck with them, or do I just have extremely bad luck? I ordered a set of replacement night sights (old style) for my MK9 back in Feb, they're still on back order. Around the first of Mar I ordered a set of their checkered hand grips for the same gun. A week and a half later they show up on my porch. I open them up only to find that they sent a set for a K9 model, so it won't fit. I shoot them an email explaining the situation and they apologize and say they will sent out the correct ones with a shipping label to return the incorrect ones. I wait several weeks and still no replacements. I call them and the person says they are on the way, that was two weeks ago! I love the MK9, but Kahr's customer service blows!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Everyone occasionally drops the customer service ball.
Kahr is usually pretty good.

Possibly everyone is at the NRA meeting, and when that or a big gun show is on, many companies send a lot of people and customer service gets snagged for a few weeks.
I'd contact them again Monday.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Regarding the sights- if they are on back-order, that means Kahr is waiting on them from Trijicon and there is nothing they can do to speed it up. I had a set on back-order and just had to wait until they got them in themselves. Be patient.

I have had good experiences ordering from Kahr. They seem to be making things right for you- so cut them a break.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered spares for my P40 and had them in a week to the west coast.  No issues.  A friend sent his slide in off of his cw40 for night sights and had it back in two weeks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
That assumes that Kahr had the sights in stock.

Remember, that gun companies are at the mercy of suppliers of items like night sights.
If they can't get  them from their supplier, they certainly can't install them or ship them to you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a front NS online for my CW9 in mid-March from their website and had it in less than a week. I've talked to CS a few times and they are always friendly and helpful.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I still haven't heard from them or recieved my grips...another call is in order.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, here we are close to the middle of June and still no sights or grips. Sights have been on backorder since February and I'm still holding the wrong hand grips sent to me in early March...worst customer service for any firearm I've ever experienced.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#8]
One of my CW45's blew an extractor, was told over on Kahr talk, call this guy and they will send you a new one, well the guy everybody told me to call refused to send me one, he wanted me to send the entire gun in to check it, the extractor popped out after a round was fired, I was shooting in the woods so I have no clue where that extractor flew, long story short, they refused to send me an extractor after multiple guys commented on how kahr sent them extractors in the mail when it happened to them, I ordered a new extractor, showed up quick I put it in and the gun works fine!

I have purchased 6 different kahr pistols, only had this happen once, I was only upset about Kahr's CS because a bunch of guys said the same thing happened to them and kahr sent them an extractor, I was given a liability excuse as to why my pistol needed to be sent in, but kahr was happy to sell me a CW45 extractor which I put in myself and my gun functions fine.

I love kahr pistols, CS.....not so much in that instance
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, here we are close to the middle of June and still no sights or grips. Sights have been on backorder since February and I'm still holding the wrong hand grips sent to me in early March...worst customer service for any firearm I've ever experienced.
View Quote

Now don't be tellin' that to the Kahr Kool-Aid drinkers on the Kahr Talk forum. They will run you down for that attitude and then out of town.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Again, Kahr gets it's sights from a night sight manufacturer and it's rubber and wood grips from Hogue.
If Kahr can't get them from the suppliers, what are they to do???  Conjure them out of thin air?

I had the same problem when I was in business.  Customers would want something ordered or installed and I couldn't get the parts from the suppliers.
The customers blamed me, and in some cases tried to run my reputation down because apparently I couldn't put a gun to a suppliers head and demand the parts.
Any gunsmith in business will tell you the same.

I know this is frustrating but Kahr isn't doing this to spite you.  They just can't get the parts.
Kahr isn't alone.  Most all gunsmiths and gun companies are having the same problems getting parts they don't make themselves.
People have guns sitting at Colt, S&W and others waiting for parts to finally come in.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I totally understand that it's a supplier issue. However, at least show real time inventory on your website and give me a lead time, for Pete's sake it's 2014, that technology has existed for years. Kahr has also signed "non competition" agreements with both suppliers, therefore they can't make them available to the public and Kahr can control the supply channels...they have you by the short hairs!
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#12]
The reason they have a NCA with Hogue is because they spent close to $10k on the mold for the rubbers and at least 1/2 of that for the wood grip programming. I went through the same issue with them when I was having some grips made for a special project a few years ago. Hogue wanted a minimum order of something like 250 or 300 units paid up front plus the cost of the mold. At that point they wouldn't even discuss a NCA with me. Basically they wanted me to pay for them to tool up only so they could turn around and undercut me on pricing.

It has far less to do with a desire to "have you by the short hairs", it's all about being able to recoup costs effectively.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Best Customer service is the one you never have to call.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, an update. The wood handgrips finally showed up after being ordered in March. They're telling me the nightsights still haven't arrived from Trijicon but they'll have purchasing look into it...so we're making progress. Six, almost seven months is way to long of a backorder for a common part!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:09:28 AM EDT
[#15]
In a couple of weeks it will be a full year since I ordered the replacement night sights and I still don't have them and now they won't answer emails when I inquire about them...I'm about done with Kahr. Am I the only sucker who bought a MK9 with night sights? I'm astonished at their lack of product support!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:19:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Kahr can't magic up night sights that don't exist. Your problem is with the sight manufacturer, not Kahr.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Kahr can't magic up night sights that don't exist. Your problem is with the sight manufacturer, not Kahr.
View Quote

You seem to know what's going on...has Trijicon quit making them for Kahr?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Considering it's been over a year I would venture a guess that Trijicon is either no longer making them, or only makes them in a very limited release, especially considering you said they were the old style sights.

What has Trijicon said?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought the originals were Trijicon but after looking at them closely they're Meprolight Tru Dots. I talked to Trijicon and if the originals were theirs they would 're-lamp" them for $19 each or $57 total. I've got an email sent to Meprolight to see if they offer the same service. If I can't get some replacements I'm selling it, I want night sights on a CC pistol. I think Kahr has a "no compete" agreement with both manufacture's so there is no aftermarket sights available...it's an orphan.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I would bet that's your best bet: see if someone will re-lamp them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I thought the originals were Trijicon but after looking at them closely they're Meprolight Tru Dots. I talked to Trijicon and if the originals were theirs they would 're-lamp" them for $19 each or $57 total. I've got an email sent to Meprolight to see if they offer the same service. If I can't get some replacements I'm selling it, I want night sights on a CC pistol. I think Kahr has a "no compete" agreement with both manufacture's so there is no aftermarket sights available...it's an orphan.
View Quote

I love my Kahr's (CW380, CW9, & PM9) and have, fortunately, never needed their C/S.
I know a lot of Kahr owners have high regards for Dawson Precision's sights. I have never used them and cannot personally attest to their quality...but again, reading different firearms boards, a lot of Kahr owners have nothing but good things to say about them.
They sell front and rear night sights separately, or in sets. Oddly enough though, they don't seem to offer Kahr night sights in sets on their website, but I would imagine they'd probably give you a better deal on a set than the individual pricing reflects.
I'm sorry to hear about your issues with their C/S though...that does, indeed, suck out loud.
Good luck.

ETA
Probably not what you want to hear after your debacle of waiting on Kahr for a year or so...but I've read that while DP may not have a particular item in stock at the time of order, it will, no shit, be ready within a few weeks as I'm pretty sure they make all their sights.
Don't quote me on them making all their sights, but I'm pretty sure they do.
Again, good luck with it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, new development...Meprolight to the rescue. I emailed them about re-lamping the old sights and they replied they don't offer that service...but they will take the old ones in on trade-in and sale a new replacement for $55. What a bargain, and they do have the old style sights in stock. I'll cancel my backorder with Kahr and tell them to kiss off.

Meprolight Old Style Night Sights
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:57:25 AM EDT
[#23]
My experience good.  Cosmetic blemish slide replacement on P9 and cm9 free mag coupon both serviced quickly.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I have had a bad experience with kahr's cs as well. Nothing like S&W or Glock,I was shocked with the reps attitude. I even called back and talked to a different person but got the same attitude .
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top