Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/4/2002 4:35:44 PM EDT
At a gun show this weekend I saw the Springfield XD-40, and I really liked it. I like the trigger better than the Glock trigger, and I like the idea of the grip safety. And the price was right ($450). Does anybody have one of these? What do you think of it? Have you had any problems with it? What about availability of parts/accessories? Would you recommend one? I'd mostly be using it for recreational purposes on the range, not as a carry pistol.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:07:05 PM EDT
I have a HS2000. I like the grip better than my Glock 19 but I'm still undecided on which trigger is better. They both feel good to me. I haven't had any problems with it but I just got it for Christmas so I haven't shot it that much. It's new, so not many parts and accessories are available yet. I know you can get night sights, lasers, flashlights, and holsters for them, but I'm not sure what else is available yet.

The downside is since it's a postban gun, you can't get hicaps for it. The good thing is you can modify S&W model 59 15rd mags to work, and the mags will still work in the gun they were designed for. I heard Beretta 92 mags will work too with a little drilling and filing. I haven't shot the XD-40, but I want one, so I guess that could be considered a recommendation.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:03:13 PM EDT
If you need more info, might I also recommend you browse the forums at www.hs2000talk.com/. There is an onsite Springfield rep, and they usually have all the latest and greatest info. Also, if you look around you should be able to find a XD for less than $400. I have seen them on gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com for as low as $369. Even paying shipping on top of that you're still ahead.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:24:34 AM EDT
Thanks for the info, Big_Bear.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:51:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2002 1:52:30 PM EDT by Boomholzer]
They were going for $325 on a few tables at last Ft Worth gun show.

Edited for grammer.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:54:21 AM EDT
WoW! $325 is a GREAT price! Was that for the HS2000 or the XD-9/XD-40? AFAIK, wholesalers are getting $369 for the XD model, so if you can find it for less grab it! Do you remember the dealer's name?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:47:04 PM EDT
If I can find one for that price, I'd buy it in a hot second. I'd like to shoot it first, just to make sure it feels right, but based on everything else I've heard, I think I've found my first handgun. Probably buy it before summer.
Top Top