Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/22/2003 9:56:06 PM EDT
I was looking for a 1911 with light rails and found out about the Springfield Loaded Operator.

Is the Operator any good? How is the accuracy and reliability? What would be a good price for one?

Will 10rd. magazines fit perfectly? Should I use Springfield magazines or aftermarket Wilson Combat magazines?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:12:00 PM EDT
The Operator has a good rep. It uses a one-piece barrel instead of the usual Springfield two-piece.

Accuracy will vary as it does with any gun due to ammo & shooters. All things being equal, it should be a bit better than average, IMO.

As for mags, Wilson's are good mags but perhaps a bit overpriced, IMO. I use Chip McCormick mags but mine is a single stack.

Price will vary a bit from region to region. They usually seem to be in the $700-800 range somewhere. I'm not sure if all models have night sights or not.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:30:14 PM EDT
the Operator is a good platform for sure. I have a TRP Operator I use for work and another team member liked mine and opted for the Loaded type. Another member wants one as well but right now RSR doesn't have a one. Reliability and accuracy are execellent. I don't think you could go wrong.
Top Top