Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2003 12:38:48 PM EDT
looked at two different ones at the local shop the other day..both tags said mil spes but there were differences in them.

one had a lanyard loop just off the magwell, the other did not.  one had a shiny muzzle..the guy told me the barrel was stainless steel and they don't make that one anymore.  

anyway the one with the shiny front lacked the lanyard loop and was $475.  the other one was $399.

both mil specs?  i might get one some day..the slide stop was extremely tight on the one i held.

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
There were variations made through the years as well as place of manufacture. (Geneseo and Cologna Ill.)
My earlier "series '90" looks like a "mil-spec", with parkerizing and lanyard loop.
Either way, they used a two piece barrel, I would guess that stainless one was changed.
The slide stop may be tight because the barrel may not have been fitted right.
In that case the cheaper one may be the better buy, out of the store.
Unless of course the stainless barrel is a quality barrel and just needs fitting...Bar-Sto, Wilson...etc.
I'm glad you are not hasty in deciding which one to grab, a little research helps.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 1:32:03 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're talking about new Springfield pistols you have to keep in mind that they have a few different mil spec models.

One has some of the enhanced features like more usable sights, flared & lowered ejection port, etc. while the other is real close to a WWII pistol.

This one is probably the one you saw for $475:
www.springfield-armory.com/images/pistols/PB9108LLarge.jpg

This one was probably less than $400:
www.springfield-armory.com/images/pistols/PW9108LLarge.jpg

If you compare the two pictures carefully you will see there are differences.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top