Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/9/2003 8:58:32 AM EDT
I have a parkerized "loaded" 1911A1 full size. It has the standard Novak fixed sites. I would really prefer adjustable sites. If I send it in the factory will they install them? Also, if i send the gun to them, would they have to ship it back to an FFL dealer for me to pick up? If that were the case, i only live about an hour from the factory, would it be better to do that instead? Prices? Adjustable site recomendations? Much obliged for the assistance.

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:12:50 AM EDT
Most any competent gunshmith should be able to install adjustable sights on a 1911. Depending on how handy you are you could even do it yourself. Only tricky part is staking the new front sight. I don't see that it requires a trip to the factory. Even if you do send it in, just send the slide and avoid all the firearms red tape.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 12:37:20 PM EDT
With a Noval cut rear about all you have to choose from is the MMC rear but Novak is making an adjustable variation that needs one extra end mill cut to the existing. They will also ship it back to you since it is registered in your name
Top Top