Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2003 4:12:04 PM EDT
I have a Springfield Champion and it's great. Couldn't be more impressed. Bought it used for $400.00. Replaced the orange and white sights the previous owner had, with Millet 3 dot sights. And removed the recoil buffer. Any suggestions from other Champion owners? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I got mine for 400 too, I love it. I put about 100 rounds through it every time I take the .45's out. I have NEVER had a prob with it, though I heard some guy at a gunshow say all spring's were crap, and he'd never buy one, or shoot one. seems to me you can't really know about springfields so much, unless you have owned one, or even shot one!He was a pole smoker...
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one, it was a POS. The slide lock kept getting engaged by the nose of a rd after it ejected the fired case. It went to the gunsmith & STILL had the problem so I sold it off.

I've read of many unhappy Champion owners in here. I own two SA 1911s so I'm certainly not down on SA. But their baby 1911s seem to be less then perfect.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#3]
i've got two. one older twotone and one newer stainless. i shoot I.D.P.A. with them and they shoot better than i do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top