Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 5:22:24 PM EDT
Anyone else notice how those who own Colts seem to find a lot of pleasure in bashing Springfield? I have, and I'm sick of it. It's as if they can't stand the thought of another 1911 being made that is much better in quality than Colt and in larger numbers too! Colt diehards like to make fun of the Brazil forgings, and the fact it is Springfield in name only, not the original company. So freaking what!!! They make a damn good handgun!

I'll put any of my Springfields against ANY Colt any day.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I've never bashed Springfield.

Tell ya what.............if you let me shoot your Springfield I'll let you shoot my COLT!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
They do it with AR-15's too. They all seem to have a "holyer than thou" attitude. I just let it go. We know whats up. I guess they have to be that way cuz of all the money they spent for the name. I too would put my Springfield and Bushmaster up against thier colts any day. F*#@ em anyway
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you guys really think people are serious when it comes to colt vs. springfield or AR vs. AK? I usually take it all with a grain of salt. If anyone has problems with MY choice of guns, they're smokin CRACK! I assumed it was all just AR owners ribbing AK owners, and so on!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I have both Colt and Springfield. Which one is better? Who knows. I like both!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually between my Colt and my Springfield I like my Sig P220 better.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#6]
It boils down to personal preference.  

Colt and names like Harley Davidson, etc.... have a certain history to it.

I have two Springfields 1911's.  Springfield had a history also but......... they have started importing from Brazil.... and that makes them not as "pure" as they use to be.

Nothing wrong with parts made overseas....
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Love my Springfield would not take anything for it except a Colt and then only for the bragging rights (I've got a Colt, I've got a Colt). Probably would be as reliable as my Springfield, I hope!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Love my Springfield would not take anything for it except a Colt and then only for the bragging rights (I've got a Colt, I've got a Colt). Probably would be as reliable as my Springfield, I hope!

There is a Colt for sale on the EE right now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It boils down to personal preference.  

Colt and names like Harley Davidson, etc.... have a certain history to it.

I have two Springfields 1911's.  Springfield had a history also but......... they have started importing from Brazil.... and that makes them not as "pure" as they use to be.

Nothing wrong with parts made overseas....

I agree!  I own a Springfield 1911A1 "Loaded" in S/S and love it.  The most accurate .45 I've ever owned.  Would not trade it for anything out there. I can put all 7 or 8 or 10 rnds. in the size of a half dollar at twenty feet regularly.

I also own a DPMS AR CAR Hbar and would'nt trade it for a Colt either.  Don't get me wrong. Colts are good weapons, but IMHO not worth the premium price .

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I own three Colt .45 ACP's that are all series '70's.  But when someone tells me they want to get a new 1911 style .45, I always recommend a Springfield first.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got a Colt 1911 and love it. I think preferences are good, being a purist is a hobby. But moving on to Springfields:

I've been seriously thinking of picking up a Springfield 1911A1 mil spec as an affordable introduction to Springfield 1911s, (also because I like the look of the satin stainless mil spec).
So Springfield owners- Since this is roughly half the price of other A1 models, what can I expect from this gun before I tinker with it? Bring the opinions on! Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#12]
My M1-A doesn't say Colt on it, on the other hand, my AR doesn't say SA on it.
Handgunwise, it's no secret both companies have made poopers from time to time, some may even need a little help when they should have worked right from the box.
I don't think talking about it is outright bashing, especially if one spends $500 or $600 & up on a gun that does not operate as advertised, no doubt some negativity will be expressed.
If it's pointless bashing, I let it go, express yourself.
If there is a legitimate issue, I just try to learn from it.

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Kimber is the new CULT...in .45acp
CZ is the new cult in 9mm.

Go figure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top