Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2003 10:31:21 PM EDT
just picked it up today and noticed a small envelope that had 1 empty case in it.  there's writing on the envelope but doesn't really mean anything to me.  is this from a ballistic fingerprint or something?

also i asked about XD40 mags and the guy at the shop said they wouldn't work in the 9 becauser the feedlips were too wide.  true or false?

i won't be shooting it until wed morning but i like the feel and so far am really please with the purchase ($450 after tax and $8 background check)  

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The XD 40 mags will work in the XD9.  On some of them, you will have to bend the feed lips in to match the ones on your ten rounders.  On some you don't.  Test each mag and see which ones need the lips bent.  There is no sense in bending the lips with a pair of pliers if they don't need bending.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#2]
inferno715, Yes the empty shell case is an extra one used for the ballistic fingerprinting of your gun.

Living here in Mesa I always went to Glock Meister to have all of the parts changed in my Glocks that are used for ballistic fingerprinting. I don’t know what you would do with an XD but it looks to be a nice gun.

Good day!

Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]
u can get 40 mags from a guy on xdtalk for 23.50 shipped *with the feedlip modification*...walla u have a high cap 9mm mag.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#5]
shot it today and like it a lot.  i get about 7 out of 10 in the 10 ring on a shoot N'c target.  confortable to shoot and i like the trigger.  only complaint is sore thumbs from loading approx 175 rds of ammo..i need a loading tool.  

thanks for the link for the mags too guys!
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
congrats! that's a nice pistol
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#7]
My XD40 came with an offer from Springfield for preban berretta magazines for the XD9. 17 round capacity from springfield for $34 ea. already modified to work in the XD9. Just thought I would pass it on.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#8]
mine came with the offer but i think it's too much $.  especially when you can get the xd40 mags.  right now i'm more concerned with getting a loading tool though..sore thumbs.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
right now i'm more concerned with getting a loading tool though..sore thumbs.

I've found that the loading tool that came with my Ruger P95 works perfectly with the XD-9 mags. I'm sure there are others like it, but if you have a Ruger 9mm, be sure to give it a try.

Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I've found that the loading tool that came with my Ruger P95 works perfectly with the XD-9 mags. I'm sure there are others like it, but if you have a Ruger 9mm, be sure to give it a try.

i was also very happy to find this out
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#11]
i had one of those..sold it with the p89dc.  oh well, at least i know what will work now.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#12]
The loader for my Taurus PT-99 works fine for my XD9.  I agree on the thumbs, gotta have a loader.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top