Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 7:24:34 PM EDT
I've seen Springfield ads for the XML for 6 months, and had my pistol (which I love) for 3, but can't seem to find the XML for sale anywhere.  Know where I can find one?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:05:18 AM EDT
[#1]
what is the XML?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:42:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
what is the XML?

Its the small light that fits the rails of the XD sub-com.

BKVic
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:35:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I asked about it at the gun shop where I bought my XD-9 sub last March, and they said they expected to have it in stock by April, but I haven't checked back since then. I haven't found any mail order houses that carry the XML.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Subj: RE: XML?  
Date: 6/23/03 7:07:40 AM Mountain Daylight Time
To: [email protected]
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Thanks for inquiring with Insight Technology. Those should be hitting the market at the July time frame. Check with me at the end of July and I should be able to give you more information. If you have further questions or comments, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,
Linda Harms
Commercial Products
3 Technology Drive
Londonderry, NH  03053
877-744-4802   ext:1455
www.insightlights.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2003 1:05 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: XML?

When are the XML lights coming out?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the legwork, Glock26, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:23:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Okay, found several at www.gunbroker.com, I was using "XML" in the search window, turns out "mini light" will bring up several results.  Average price is $95-105.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#7]
You can buy it from Springfield direct.  Through their website or call the 800#
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:02:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I wonder what all the guys at GlockTalk say about this gun now that Springfield bought it?

When I had the HS2000 and raved about it and compared it to my G19, and got rid og the Glock because I felt the HS2000 was a better gun, the GT guys flamed me, and for awhile, any threads that talked about the HS2000 were immediately locked by the moderators...  hehe

Now that Springfield is backing the gun and it is selling like hotcakes, I wonder if they see it in a different light?

It's a kickass pistol, enjoy it!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought my XML at Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna, Georgia for $65. They had about ten of them in stock. Very cool and pretty bright.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#10]
we stock the XML at the shop i work at.  i'm pretty unimpressed....it really isn't that bright (OK, its not pleasant to shine in your eyes, but compared to an M3 it is like a mini-maglite versus Surefire), and it looks silly on anything other than the subcompact XD (which it was obviously designed for, i realize).  putting a light on a gun designed for concealment just doesn't do much for me....i'd much rather have an E2E Executive (60 lumens) in hand than an XML (15 lumens?  maybe?) on my gun.
YMMV
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#11]
50 lumens according to springfields site.
But, I do agree with the above, the XML is too big for carry and too small otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i'd much rather have an E2E Executive (60 lumens) in hand than an XML (15 lumens?  maybe?) on my gun.
YMMV

Springfields site lists peak output to be 50 lumens... FYI

I plan on getting one for my Sub... to be put on at night at home and while camping. But, a handheld flashlight is backup for sure. Now if I could get a IWB concealment holster that'd fit the Sub with the XML attached...

that would be cool!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top