Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/14/2009 8:08:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ManekiNeko] [#1]
My wife loves her EMP 9mm but wanted a few enhancements to accomodate her small hands.  She is petite at 5' 100 lbs and while the EMP is the handgun that has fit her the best, she thought it could be improved.

Our gunsmith is Ray Saltzman of Saltzman Gunworks, Inc. and he did a marvelous job.  Here is what he did:

Carry bevel (especially the bottom edges of the slide which were quite sharp)
High cut front strap
Replace ILS MSH with Ed Brown unit, serrate and round off
Serrate front strap
Fit Gunsite Lo Mount thumb safety (single sided)
Contour grip safety to accomodate small hands
Install 10-8 rear sight
Shorten, reserrate and installed 10-8 trigger and tune trigger
Tune extractor and replacement extractor
Install EGW oversized firing pin stop (the extractor was clocking with OE fp stop)
Fit Wilson Bullet Proof magazine release
Replace torx grip scews with the flat head variety

The frame was refinished with Robar's NP3 and the slide was treated with Ionbond.  Note that the slide stop was supposed to go to Robar was went to Ionbond by mistake.  Ray will rectify that the next time he sends an order to Robar.

By the way, this pistol shoots like a dream.  It's that good.

PS: One mag was modified to be flush fit by log man on the 1911 forum and he did an excellent job.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2009 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
nice mods!  just got one of these for my gal too, thanks for the info and pics
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Where do you guys find the springfield emp 9mm.  I have called some of the local gunshops and cannot find any
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I'm glad and disappointed that I found this thread at the same time!

Here's my story...

Bought a brand new EMP .40 last month (Dec. 09).  Took it to the range and had a ton of failures to extract.  Called SA, shipped it in.  They "tuned" the extractor and did a couple of other extra things (polished ramp, etc) and they sent it back to me.  Got it back, took it to the range, SAME THING.  The problem re-appeared after the 4th mag was put through it.  Call them up again, got a new RMA, shipped it back.  They tuned the damn extractor again and put a whole 50 rounds through it and shipped it back to me.  I received it on the 25th.  Took it to the range yesterday, the 26th.  Got through 100 rounds with no issues.  I was happy.  I had time to burn and another box of 50 rounds, so I said what the hell.  Glad I did.  Between my 100th and 150th rounds I had over 17 failures to extract.  By the time I got down to the last mag worth of bullets EVERY SINGLE SHOT failed to extract.  So the problem reappeared after 150 shots (my first 100 plus the 50 they shot).  Not acceptable.  Called them up again.  Tech said it sounds like the extractor is losing tension.  I'm thinking NO S&*#.  Giving them a 3rd chance to make this right.  I've already told them that if they can't permanently fix this problem I will be asking for either an exchange for a working EMP. 40 or a refund of my purchase price.  As much as I paid for this I should not have to be the one quality checking their product with my money and my ammo.  They really do have great customer service people, but that will be worth jack if they can't make this gun (that I want to like and carry) work.

Sorry to revive such an old thread.  But I just want to let people know that over the last 2+ years SA apparently has not figure out their EMP's since the exact same issues are still lingering around.  I'll post up an update after I get some type of resolution.

Link Posted: 1/27/2010 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's the latest...

SA told me that they replaced the extractor on my EMP and got 250 rounds through it without any issues.  So it looks like I had a faulty extractor on mine.  I told the rep I talked to that I really hope this is it, for all of our sakes! :)  It will be back Wednesday, but I may not go fire it for a week or so.  The last 3 trips to the range have taken the fun out of this for a while, so I'm going to wait a few days before I go shoot this thing.  Call it being pessimistic, but I'm just worried that after I take this thing out for the 4th time the same issues will come back again.  They should have replaced this after the 2nd time it came back, instead of wasting their money on shipping back and forth and my time/ammo at the range QC'ing their product.
I hope to be proven wrong!  Update to be posted next week
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 2:04:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I was looking at one but dont know now if they still have a FTE issue.
Link Posted: 2/9/2010 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I finally got it to the range and was able to get through 200 rounds without any issues.  So theoretically, it had 450 trouble-free rounds through it.  Needless to say I am quite happy with this.  It's a great shooting gun and now that the extraction issues seem to be gone I am very happy with it once again!!  It sucks that it took SA 3 attempts to fix it, but I'm glad they finally got it right!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2010 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#9]
So, back in September I posted about my EMP not feeding hollow points.  I sent it back in October and it was only gone for 2 weeks.  I was blown away by SA customer service.  Since I got it back I took it to the range several time and it functioned flawlessly.  I took a friend shooting for the first time the other day and the EMP suddenly had failure to extract issues about every 5th round.  I recalled the issues mentioned on this thread with that and started swearing uncontrollably.  I now have to use my Ruger LCP as my primary concealed carry weapon.  I have just sent an email to SA and will keep you posted with the results.  I may sell this after I get it fixed, I can't trust this pistol anymore.
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DixieAlpha929:
So, back in September I posted about my EMP not feeding hollow points.  I sent it back in October and it was only gone for 2 weeks.  I was blown away by SA customer service.  Since I got it back I took it to the range several time and it functioned flawlessly.  I took a friend shooting for the first time the other day and the EMP suddenly had failure to extract issues about every 5th round.  I recalled the issues mentioned on this thread with that and started swearing uncontrollably.  I now have to use my Ruger LCP as my primary concealed carry weapon.  I have just sent an email to SA and will keep you posted with the results.  I may sell this after I get it fixed, I can't trust this pistol anymore.

I know that feeling.  That's how I felt after the third time I sent it back.  I would demand a replacement extractor right off the bat to avoid issues like the ones I went through.  Good luck and sorry you're thinking about letting it go!
Link Posted: 6/6/2010 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#11]
What's the word?  Are they reliable?  THinking of getting one, haven't been any posts in this for a few months....
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Bought a 9mm EMP.  Love it BUT now I'm having failures to extract (double feeds).  Put about 200 rounds through it without a single problem, figured the posts on here were just oddball problems.  TOnight my wife and I fired about 200 more rounds and had 5 FTE's.  I"m going to give it another couple boxes to break in, but I"d feel better if the problems happened in the first 200 rounds and not the second.
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Got my EMP 9mm in Feb/10.  Have put aobut 250 rounds thru it.  Only had one problem and that was confirmed as an ammo problem.  Have fired mostly FMJ-factory 115 gr.  Perhaps 25 of some JHP 115 gr Gold Dots.  Have some Winchester NATO 124 gr FMJ's coming.  Not the Ranger loading..  I got a Kramer IWB holster for it.  Not really happy with it.  Once in the holster I could not get it  out.  This happeed about 80-90% of the time that i went to draw the holster out.  I read Kramer's FAQ and found out that they suggest that you put the gun in a zip lock bag and then put it back in the holster.  If one doesn't work try 2––up to 3 bags.  It worked, the holster loosened up, but it still is a tuff draw.   I am now using a Gelco IWB summer casual holster.  Like it a whole lot better as this is my primary CCW rig..  If I am accurate the gun is super accurate.  If I am not accurate, the gun is still super accurate in the wrong place.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 12:28:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: soulman] [#14]
UPDATE:  Sent mine back.  NOt sure what they did (no explanation when they returned it) but it runs like a top.  Put 340 rounds without a single problem.

EDIT: about 500 rounds now without cleaning it and no malfuncitons.  I consider it "reliable" at this point.

I recommend the EMP.  Fantastic gun.  Worst case is you  may have to send it back for free repair (although I think the vast majority are problem free out of the box, but if you have a problem it will likely be extractor).  From my experience and reading on here, they always get fixed and made reliable.  I was prepared for this when I bought it (from reading this post).  I would definately buy another if anything happened to mine.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:01:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Danno_man] [#15]
I've had mine for about 2 years now and the only issue that i had was the extractor was tensioned too tight.  adjusted it at the range after 50rds, and it's been good ever since then.

Link Posted: 9/20/2010 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I wanted to let everyone know that I received my new EMP in 9mm this afternoon.  I went down to my little range on the farm and fired 84 rounds before it got dark with 0 problems.  I think I fell in love and have found my perfect ccw pistol!
Link Posted: 9/20/2010 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Congrats!!! it does make a great little carry.

Here's an updated pic with some "log man" modified magazines.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2010 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#18]
GREAT thread!!  Thanks to everyone for all the useful info!!

My GF stopped by the "fun" shop on her way home this afternoon to pick up some primers I needed.  Well, as fate would have it, she saw an EMP and just "fell in love"!!  "It's SO cute!!"  She told me the clerk literally had to pry it from her little hands to put it back in the display case!  So I guess I'm now in the market for an EMP.

Some questions....

- After reading a bunch of reviews and this whole thread, one would hope the extractor issues have been resolved.  Have they?  Or is it still a "hit or miss" scenario that you MAY get a fully functioning gun?

- As seen on the SA site, the EMP appears to come with a curved, three hole trigger.  Are these straight blade styled triggers I've seen in this thread from the aftermarket?  Or are they from older model EMP's?

- Lastly...  It had a fairly healthy price tag attached to it.    I have no problems in paying good money for a good gun.  And if it gets her out shooting/training more, I'm all for it.  However, I hesitate a bit hearing of all the people needing to send them in to be "fixed" right out of the box.  Flat out...

IS IT WORTH IT?
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#19]
it's worth it.  if you know how to adjust the extractor, it's an easy adjustment.  the extractor was my only issue and i fixed that while at the range.  it's been 2 years now and it's still going strong.

the flat triggers are from 10-8.  mine is the standard size, but Neko's had been shortened a little by Ray Saltzman.

Link Posted: 9/23/2010 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Danno_man:
it's worth it.  if you know how to adjust the extractor, it's an easy adjustment.  the extractor was my only issue and i fixed that while at the range.  it's been 2 years now and it's still going strong.

the flat triggers are from 10-8.  mine is the standard size, but Neko's had been shortened a little by Ray Saltzman.

Thanks Danno...

I don't think I'd want to attempt any extractor adjustments.  I'd be to scared I'd bugger it up.  Is it a tough fix?  What about extractor replacement?  Can this be done "at home"?

Also...  whatcha been feeding yours?  Is a hotter round a necessity?  I plan to reload for this, like with all my other guns.  How does it take to reloads?

Link Posted: 9/23/2010 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#21]
it's not a replacement, just adjusting the tension.

i've fed the following FMJ:
WWB, Rem Green/white box, UMC, Blazer Brass & Aluminum, American Eagle

for JHP i've fed it Cor-bon, Hornady, Speer Gold-Dots.  

I carry 124gr +P Glod-Dots
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Danno_man:
it's not a replacement, just adjusting the tension.

i've fed the following FMJ:
WWB, Rem Green/white box, UMC, Blazer Brass & Aluminum, American Eagle

for JHP i've fed it Cor-bon, Hornady, Speer Gold-Dots.  

I carry 124gr +P Glod-Dots

Cool!!  Thanks!!

What's involved in the tension adjustment?

Link Posted: 9/23/2010 10:39:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Danno_man] [#23]
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks Danno for putting up with all my questions!!  I'm going to sleep on it tonight, and maybe head to the fun shop tomorrow for another investment.  This one, however, won't meet with the typical "you bought WHAT??!!" reaction when I get home.  ('Cause it's "cute", ya know...   )

Thanks again!!!  
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#25]
no problem.  even if there is a problem, Springfield will take care of it.  
from the years of owning different Springfield's the EMP was the only one that had a problem, even though it was a small one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 8:29:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By moose-hunter:
Flat out...

IS IT WORTH IT?

Yes.  Even having had to send mine back for the extractor, I would buy one again and I would recommend the EMP to anyone.  If you can tune the extractor yourself (thanks for link Dan-O), then it is a no-brainer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2010 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Despite the various issues others have had with the reliability of their EMP's, I purchased one last week.  I handled one in the display case at the store, and liked it ($998).  When I said I'd take it, the gun guy indicated he'd get me one that had not been on display and pulled a new one from the back.  As I examined this new one it was really apparent that there was some issues with it.  THe safety, when depressed, actually hit the plunger tube, marring the finish and impeding smooth disengagement of the safety.  That one immediately got packaged back up for return to SA.  I took the one that was in the display case.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to shoot, but did manage to get out and work through a few boxes of ammo.  I just fired four bxes (200 rounds) of various ball and some hollowpoints. 100% reliability thus far.

Link Posted: 10/20/2010 6:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrSig239] [#28]
Finally got mine today. I love the feel and handling. Will take it out to the range on friday. Can't wait!
Mag is from my PM9.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Went to the range today. Two hundred rounds of the cheapest,crappiest stuff I had went down the pipe with only one round failing to go off when struck. A quick re-cock and it fired no problem. What a great shooter, was hitting point of aim right on the money. Can't wait to go out again.
Put one mag of various hollow points through it with no feed issues. Will try my carry load on the next visit.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 12:48:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Picked up mine this afternoon, range trip tomorrow.

Beautiful little pistol.
The fit and finish were top notch.
Trigger firm, but clean.
I really like Metro light sights, but the Trijicon sights are OK.
Safety doesn't rub anything and engagement was snappy.

It fits the Crossbreed for a 1911 fine.

Link Posted: 5/30/2011 4:00:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pacs] [#31]
Originally Posted By Pacs:
Picked up mine this afternoon, range trip tomorrow.

Beautiful little pistol.
The fit and finish were top notch.
Trigger firm, but clean.
I really like Metro light sights, but the Trijicon sights are OK.
Safety doesn't rub anything and engagement was snappy.

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq314/Pacs100/EMP.jpg

It fits the Crossbreed for a 1911 fine.

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq314/Pacs100/tuck.jpg

First range trip today.
250 rounds WWB
I had 3 failure to extract.
No other problems. (will check extractor)

The pistol shoots nice.
I on the other hand suck at shooting sometimes. (jerky old man.)          
7 yards
90 rounds.
White bulls eye is about 3 1/8 " dia.

Shoots a little to the left and a mite high. Will make a few more range trips before doing any sight adj.
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 6:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrSig239] [#32]
I have 750 assorted rounds thru mine now. Went to the range this morning and when I tried to take it apart to clean it the slide was stuck. After reading about it on 1911.com I knew it was probably the ejector coming off and had to smack it good.. Called customer service and it is already on its way back for a free repair. I want them to give the ramp a little buff also as it jams sometimes with hollow points. Will post when I get it back.

I love shooting this little gem. It just shoots right where I point it.It even out shoots my custom built 9mm commander.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:23:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeEagle12] [#33]
Well just got mine yesterday and took it to range and not happy......

Out of 200 rounds, had about 20 or so get stuck on the feed ramp. When I cleared it, the bullets had nice dings on the top where it kept hanging up

I just don't understand how their QC can't catch these problems on a $1,000 pistol. Problem happened with all three magazines

Any idea what their turn around time is looking like these days?

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MikeEagle12:
Well just got mine yesterday and took it to range and not happy......

Out of 200 rounds, had about 20 or so get stuck on the feed ramp. When I cleared it, the bullets had nice dings on the top where it kept hanging up

I just don't understand how their QC can't catch these problems on a $1,000 pistol. Problem happened with all three magazines

Any idea what their turn around time is looking like these days?

I had my 1911 back within two weeks including shipping both ways.
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#35]
had mine for maybe 2 months now, had to send it back after the first time i shot it. So while it was there it got the FTF repair done and i sent it to the custom shop for front strap serration and single sided safety put on. the frist time i shot it after i got it back i still had one FTF and then broke a grip screw off lol. but i just shot 250 flawless rounds down the pipe no problems. im gonna give it  another 2-300 and go from there then try my carry ammo. so im very pleased with it ill have to finally get on one those those picture sites so i can upload so pics!
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 1:19:42 AM EDT
[#36]

EMP 9mm. New VZ grips, front strap serrations, single sided safety and thats bout it. Oh and a few logman mag mods. Crappy phone pics
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow i cant believe so man ppl are getting FTEs with the EMP. ive shot prob over 1k rounds thru my EMP and havent had a single failure. And ive used cheap ammo that i was getting failures with my german made sig 226 with and didnt get any failures on my EMP.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, (I thought I had updated my experience on here but didn't) the extractor/double feed problem got fixed right away.  Since then I've had problems with failure to feed.  Been back to SA twice for that and it is better but still not reliable.  ONly a problem with hollowpoints.  Runs 100% on FMJ but I don't trust it with hollow points.  Did a test a while back looking for setback issues with multiple re-chamberings and found that the noses were getting flattend out really bad.  I think they are just jamming into the feed ramp (which looks way to vertical to function as a ramp...)

I'll probably send it back one more time to SA (great customer service! by the way) but plan on it being a range toy but not trusted for carry.  It is a great range toy, however, very accurate and fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#39]
UPDATE:
Sent it back to Springfield.  They didn't do anything, said they ran 100 rounds without failure.
I put 100 rounds of 147g HST and two times using slide release on a full mag it needed a tap to send it home (twice out of 11 magazines worth of ammo).  Otherwise ran great.  I know "sling-shoting" the slide is more reliable, but I prefer and train with slide release (never an issue on any other gun)  Cleaned it, and took it to range again this morning.  Another 100 rounds of HST with no issues at all.
Finally feel confident in it, and I would trust it for carry use.  Not sure if the 147g HST is better from a reliability standpoint as I didn't have it prior to these last 200 rounds of HP.  Based on my research that is the defensive ammo I want to use, so I'm happy and won't waste money testing other brands of HP.

Really is a very nice gun overall. Sucks I had to send it back a few times, but Springfield's customer service is really top-notch.

I would recommend it, but don't use it for carry until you are sure it will run with hollowpoints
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By soulman:
UPDATE:
Sent it back to Springfield.  They didn't do anything, said they ran 100 rounds without failure.
I put 100 rounds of 147g HST and two times using slide release on a full mag it needed a tap to send it home (twice out of 11 magazines worth of ammo).  Otherwise ran great.  I know "sling-shoting" the slide is more reliable, but I prefer and train with slide release (never an issue on any other gun)  Cleaned it, and took it to range again this morning.  Another 100 rounds of HST with no issues at all.
Finally feel confident in it, and I would trust it for carry use.  Not sure if the 147g HST is better from a reliability standpoint as I didn't have it prior to these last 200 rounds of HP.  Based on my research that is the defensive ammo I want to use, so I'm happy and won't waste money testing other brands of HP.

Really is a very nice gun overall. Sucks I had to send it back a few times, but Springfield's customer service is really top-notch.

I would recommend it, but don't use it for carry until you are sure it will run with hollowpoints

Yeah i love mine and it hasn't had any trouble with hp's, you can also check out Ranger 147 RA9T, my emp love them and had wonderful ballistic results
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Love my EMP 40! I held off for months and thought about it and thought about it. Two weeks ago i recieved a pretty fat promotion and as the wife usually does when it's a birthday, fathers day or promotion said, 'you want to go get a gun?' i finally bit the bullet, pulled the triggerand and paid $1100 new in box (I had a mileage check for about $600 from work so it took some of the sting out of it).

It's a thing of beauty for sure. Fits perfect in the hand (I'm 5'8" - average size hand) and has an awesome weight to it - it took a little getting used to for me because my other daily carry is a bersa thunder 380 that is super light. the steel frame on the EMP is quite stout but has an incredible feel to it. The cocobolo grips are downright sexy on it and the finish is flawless. it has an incredibly crisp trigger that feels a little lighter than 5lbs but holy-hell the slide spring was heavy! I mean ridiculosly so.

I took it apart and ran into a problem right off the bat. the spring wouldn't come out of the slide. Ended up having to drive it out by driving it against the floor to push the reverse spring plug and spring out of the slide to allow me to remove the barrel. it was immedilatly apparent that the spring plug wasn't true and was having difficulty coming out of and going back in to the slide. it had small wear marks on one side and was clearly interfering with the slide opening. I'm only 39 but have slight arthritis in my hands so getting the spring plug back in was quite the chore. I ended up getting the spring plug as close to center as I could and then used the slide on the frame to press the plug back in but the stiffness of the spring was biatch and gave me claw hands for days.  

I was pretty bummed that it had an issue but I didn't have time to go shoot it so i shrugged it off and called Springfield. This was a Monday and I was using it (an untested pistol) in a 9 hour combat pistol course on the following Sunday (I had my Glock 40 waiting in the wings if the EMP was finicky). In the meantime I stored the pistol night and day with the slide locked back which seemed to help lighten the spring a little. Springfield was quick to send me a new spring plug and was pretty positive it would solve the issue. The plug and two new mags showed up on Friday and the new plug slid right in and out and fit perfectly.

On Sunday I ended up firing 650 - 165 grain Winchester ball out of it and never had a single hiccup. Not a single one. The pistol is a joy to shoot - it was easy to keep on target with multiple shots on the same target and the reset is immediate. I had some of the best times out of the group without a doubt. It is shooting about 1" left and 1" down but nothing a little adjustment can't fix. It's a very natural feeling gun and is very intuitive (it's my first 1911) and makes more 'sense' to me than some of my other guns.

i'm completely used to the weight of it now and don't notice it until I carry my bersa which is insanely light. One good thing is that all those rounds lightened the springs tension by a metric ton. after the first 100 rounds I was able to cycle the slide like any other gun and after 650 it's quite normal. That was one of my main concerns but now that it's gone I couldn't be happier.

the 40 round is pefectly suited to it's weight and makes it a very controllable pistol. it's definately one of those situations where I woldn't heasitate to purchase it again if I had to do it all over again.
I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a sleek, semi custom compact 1911. It's shoots a heck of more accuracte than you would expect with a 3" barrel.

I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Thanks,
Mitch

Link Posted: 5/23/2012 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MALT0SE:
Are other ownders having problems with their EMP's as well? I haven't heard a whole lot of positive or negative about them.

No, I have a pair of EMP 9's and they have given me ZERO problems; each has about 1200 rounds of WWB through them with no FTF or FTE.
Link Posted: 5/27/2012 1:13:26 AM EDT
[#43]
EMP9 here....bought it, straight to the range, FTE, FTF....took it apart, dry as a bone.  Oiled as needed, re assembled, never a problem since.  Has performed flawlessly after a good oiling.  I do trust my EMP9 for CCW.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Picked up my EMP yesterday, took it to the range today and fell in love!

124gr FMJ 250 with no FTF,FTE or other issues
Fed 147gr Fed Hydroshocks and 124gr Hornady XTP without an issue as well

I can concur with the posters above, mine was extremely dry when I uncased it. Took it down, clean and lubed it up and it ran great.
Link Posted: 7/24/2012 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, thanks to this article; i picked an EMP myself, the .40 cal variety, of course.

Gently used for $872 OTD ($1199 + tax retail); Needed to add a .40 cal to my stable; torn between a CZ-75 and a G22; then i saw her on the corner..., giving me the sad puppy eyes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#46]
The EMP was on my "list" from when it was announced, just needed to wait for funds and to find one.  Have been following this thread for a while to track user experiences.  
Finally found a 9mm version locally, and it just happen to follow me home...

This just fits my hand and points right correctly compared to my HK P2000SK.  And it feels good to be back with a 1911 form-factor.
Need to break it down, clean and lube... and then go for a range trip.  Possibly this weekend, maybe mid-week.
Can't wait...

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By JAFFE:
The EMP was on my "list" from when it was announced, just needed to wait for funds and to find one.  Have been following this thread for a while to track user experiences.  

http://www.pbase.com/scifi_nut/image/144993857/original.jpg

This just fits my hand and points right correctly compared to my HK P2000SK.  And it feels good to be back with a 1911 form-factor.

Need to break it down, clean and lube... and then go for a range trip.  Possibly this weekend, maybe mid-week.

Can't wait...      

I know, right?

Chercking my account to see if I can drop another  chunk of cash to speed up my EMP's arrival home. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By Black-Tiger:

Originally Posted By JAFFE:

http://www.pbase.com/scifi_nut/image/144993857/original.jpg

Can't wait...      

I know, right?

Chercking my account to see if I can drop another  chunk of cash to speed up my EMP's arrival home. Can't wait.

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#49]
My search skills evidently stink on ice - I know I've seen something on this and I can't find it...

I know mags can be a source of problems with 1911s and I've been out of the fold for about 18 years.  Are the OEM MEC-GAR mags good to go?  Got the "loaded" coupon, and will pick up a batch at the reduced price if they are good.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#50]
I am gonna wait until I can put my EMP through its paces at the range, I wonder if Mec-Gar is tghe only source for these mags, both in 9mm and .40 cal.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top