Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/16/2003 11:59:16 AM EDT
Can anyone confirm if the Springfield XD 4" 9mm will function with a .40/.357 10 round mag and that it will hold 15 rounds of 9mm with no mods? Does it fit flush to the mag well? Is it reliable?

I have read in one place that this is correct and would be a much better way to go in the 4" model than the Beretta Hi-Caps that you can buy from Springfield. I bought 5 of them and they don't fit flush into the mag well; at least 1/4" gap.

Is it legal to use a the wrong caliber post ban 10 round mag in a gun in order to allow for increased capacity (i.e. .40/.357 10 round mag to hold 15 9mm rounds)?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:33:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:37:12 PM EDT
Hiram posted the good news!
The XD40 and the XD357 mags are the same except for the imprint on the baseplate. Some mags for the XD40/357 will feed just fine with 9mm, some will need the lips tweaked in just a little. The key is that since some are fine from the factory, the tweaking of the lips is within specs for feeding in the XD40/357. Since it feeds in the intended pistol, all is well. The factory mags are stainless, and around the $20 range. It is hard to beat that price for a legal 15 round 9mm mag in any pistol, let alone factory heavy stainless.
Hiram, you should stop back in once in a while, you are a good resource. The site is down for a while getting a new service provider, so you won't be able to link for a while (maybe up to a week). Have you seen the results of my guide rod modification (Don's Guide Rod for lack of a better name) for the HS/XD? I'll bribe you back with a free sample; email me at "sverdrup at metriguard.com".
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:59:40 AM EDT
Free guide rod you say... yes I'll swing by and visit for a free guide rod... Just wondering if I still remember my password or not. I kind of fell off the planet around the time Shelby and I called off our wedding. Didn't come around here even for about six months. But I'm back, and people wish I would leave already .
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:49:49 AM EDT
Here's one installed on an XD40
Top Top