Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 4:55:57 PM EDT
One word describes it --- SWEET!  This just might become my work gun.  I also have a 5" Springer and I love it but this Compact is so nice to carry.  The only thing I might do is remove the checkered Cocobolos and and put some rubbers on it.  But, I won't make that decision until I fire it.  The alloy frame has been the topic of much discussion, however I don't have any fear of defects with this frame.  Alloy is used in many, many, high stress situation involving aircraft, framing, etc.  Besides, Springfield has a lifetime warranty.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Lightweight Loaded 5"...I love it!  Do the compacts come in a Loaded package as well?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a Lightweight Loaded 5"...I love it!  Do the compacts come in a Loaded package as well?

Custom Loaded Compact 1911-A1

New in the Springfield line-up, the Compact mates the Champion length slide with the shorter Ultra-Compact frame. Smaller and lighter than the Full-Size and Champion, this is the perfect blend of power and concealability.

Lightweight,
 Matte PX9503L (Image)
Caliber: .45 ACP
Capacity: 6+1
Barrel: 4", 1:16 LH
Sights: Novak® Night Sights
Sight Radius: 5.6"
Size: 26 ozs., 7.5" overall length
Trigger Pull: 5 to 6 lbs.
Magazines: 2
MSRP: $782.00
 Order Online

I purchased mine for $609 today on my lunch hour.   :-)

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
One word describes it --- SWEET!  This just might become my work gun.  I also have a 5" Springer and I love it but this Compact is so nice to carry.  The only thing I might do is remove the checkered Cocobolos and and put some rubbers on it.  But, I won't make that decision until I fire it.  The alloy frame has been the topic of much discussion, however I don't have any fear of defects with this frame.  Alloy is used in many, many, high stress situation involving aircraft, framing, etc.  Besides, Springfield has a lifetime warranty.  

Frankie where in CO did you buy it?  I looked at a lightweight compact at Jensens in Loveland.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:30:13 AM EDT
[#4]
ME TOO FRANKIE!!!. I just got one about a month ago. It cost me 630.00 here in Dallas TX. I bought some rubbers for mine but I don't like the way they add bulk to the thin grip, but they grip better when you want quick double taps and such. I bought one Wilson Combat 7rd Officers Mag for it today at Cheaper Than Dirt for 29.99 and will try it out this weekend. I also have already bought and tried 2 Chip Mc Cormick Shooting Star 7rd Officers mags and they work excellent. My Gun had the best trigger I have ever had on any gun I have ever owned, it breaks clean at 4 lbs. I love the night sights and my gun seems pretty accurate so far. Man do they carry nicely. I think you will like your Compact. I have real good accuracy and reliability with Federal JHP Hydra-Shock 230 gn ammo and Winchester 230gn SXT JHP also.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Frankie where in CO did you buy it?  I looked at a lightweight compact at Jensens in Loveland.

Same place I bought mine!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:57:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Same place I bought mine!

John232 mentioned the 7rnd wilson officers mags.  Thats what I picked up for my ultra compact.  You can get them at Jensens for $25.50.  I highly recommend them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top