Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/21/2003 4:55:57 PM EDT
One word describes it --- SWEET! This just might become my work gun. I also have a 5" Springer and I love it but this Compact is so nice to carry. The only thing I might do is remove the checkered Cocobolos and and put some rubbers on it. But, I won't make that decision until I fire it. The alloy frame has been the topic of much discussion, however I don't have any fear of defects with this frame. Alloy is used in many, many, high stress situation involving aircraft, framing, etc. Besides, Springfield has a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:58:01 PM EDT
I have a Lightweight Loaded 5"...I love it! Do the compacts come in a Loaded package as well?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:58:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By QuietShootr:
I have a Lightweight Loaded 5"...I love it! Do the compacts come in a Loaded package as well?

Custom Loaded Compact 1911-A1

New in the Springfield line-up, the Compact mates the Champion length slide with the shorter Ultra-Compact frame. Smaller and lighter than the Full-Size and Champion, this is the perfect blend of power and concealability.

Lightweight,
Matte PX9503L (Image)
Caliber: .45 ACP
Capacity: 6+1
Barrel: 4", 1:16 LH
Sights: Novak® Night Sights
Sight Radius: 5.6"
Size: 26 ozs., 7.5" overall length
Trigger Pull: 5 to 6 lbs.
Magazines: 2
MSRP: $782.00
Order Online

I purchased mine for $609 today on my lunch hour. :-)

<­BR>

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:39:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Frankie:
One word describes it --- SWEET! This just might become my work gun. I also have a 5" Springer and I love it but this Compact is so nice to carry. The only thing I might do is remove the checkered Cocobolos and and put some rubbers on it. But, I won't make that decision until I fire it. The alloy frame has been the topic of much discussion, however I don't have any fear of defects with this frame. Alloy is used in many, many, high stress situation involving aircraft, framing, etc. Besides, Springfield has a lifetime warranty.

Frankie where in CO did you buy it? I looked at a lightweight compact at Jensens in Loveland.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:30:13 AM EDT
ME TOO FRANKIE!!!. I just got one about a month ago. It cost me 630.00 here in Dallas TX. I bought some rubbers for mine but I don't like the way they add bulk to the thin grip, but they grip better when you want quick double taps and such. I bought one Wilson Combat 7rd Officers Mag for it today at Cheaper Than Dirt for 29.99 and will try it out this weekend. I also have already bought and tried 2 Chip Mc Cormick Shooting Star 7rd Officers mags and they work excellent. My Gun had the best trigger I have ever had on any gun I have ever owned, it breaks clean at 4 lbs. I love the night sights and my gun seems pretty accurate so far. Man do they carry nicely. I think you will like your Compact. I have real good accuracy and reliability with Federal JHP Hydra-Shock 230 gn ammo and Winchester 230gn SXT JHP also.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:01:39 AM EDT
Frankie where in CO did you buy it? I looked at a lightweight compact at Jensens in Loveland.

Same place I bought mine!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:57:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Frankie:

Same place I bought mine!

John232 mentioned the 7rnd wilson officers mags. Thats what I picked up for my ultra compact. You can get them at Jensens for $25.50. I highly recommend them.
Top Top