Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 5:40:21 AM EDT
The only complaint I have heard about XD's is their finish. Tripp Research redid this pistol and got it back to me within 8 business days. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to redo their XD

Before:

After:

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:03:30 AM EDT
[#1]
VERY PRETTY!.. i'm thinking of sending in my subcompact 9mm.  How much was it?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:42:33 AM EDT
[#2]
The total cost was $150 plus $35 return shipping. This price included ALL metal parts
including the internals, grip safety, slide stop, take-down lever, trigger, magazine catch, etc. I communicated with him several times before committing and he was very helpful
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the XD9 Bi tone, and i think i would like to have some of the parts you show installed... Did the cost you submited include a new slide as well? (since your original model was the all black)  
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
thats a work of art!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The price I listed was for all metal parts on trhe gun.  The only thing not refinished was the polymer frame, of course
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:53:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have the XD9 Bi tone, and i think i would like to have some of the parts you show installed... Did the cost you submited include a new slide as well? (since your original model was the all black)  

Those are NOT new parts, they're the original parts after being coated with chrome. HTH.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#7]
that's nice looking, but don't you find the silver gives off a shinny glare in bright sunlight?
making it difficult to see the sights and also producing a tactical disadvantage?

I like the looks but personally I could never do this to any gun I may have to protect my life or someone elses life.

but for a show off gun It's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:15:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm having Virgil Tripp do my P220.  175.00 for the Matt Silver Chrome slide and to Refinish the frame.

He is good!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually, it is not the gun that I would use for defense.  That title goes to my Springfield Loaded 1911.

As a range gun though, it is a great shooter.  I have not yet had a problem with glare because I haven't been to an outside range
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top