Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/31/2006 3:07:04 PM EDT
What's overtravel? I saw somebody mention it earlier.

I have a new XD9201 and I tend to push to the upper left (right handed), very consistantly. In other words, all my bullets end up between the 9 and 12 spot. I've tried different things and it turns out that I can't hit between 6 and 9 at all. The pistol grip seems small and the HK USP.45 fits perfectly. I'm guessing overtravel is either pushing the trigger and gun to the 4th quadrant or it's taking 6 airports to get from Dallas to Houston.

TIA

Michael
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:52:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FoolsRun:

I'm guessing overtravel is either pushing the trigger and gun to the 4th quadrant

I have no idea what you're describing here, but "overtravel" is where the trigger travels past the point where the sear releases the hammer.

Unless you're a top echelon competitive shooter, it's not worth worrying about, IMO.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:13:00 PM EDT
Im not a top eschelon competitive shooter and I had mine adjusted by SA because it was too long. I just plain dont like it. If you consistently shoot in the same area, your consistent. Adjust your rear sight. Its a total bitch because of the pin SA puts in it to hold it in place, but with a site push tool and a vise, you can snap it loose. While your at it, replace those sites with some tritiums and your good to go!!
Top Top