Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 10:46:34 AM EDT
Just got done shooting, then cleaning the XD for the first time.  

I am very pleased with how this pistol shoots.  It's trigger is somewhat different.  It's pull is light for the first half of it's travel, then it gets heavier as it breaks.  It took some getting used to.  But I like it. I found myself shooting this pistol very well with almost no learning process.

The sights are standard 3 dot and are dead on at 25 and 10 yds.  They are easy to align and the grip angle is such that it is, for me at least, a natural pointer.  I could get on target quickly because the XD pointed where I expected it to point.

The XD functioned without any failures in 126 rounds of WWB 230gr ball.

My only gripe is mag related.  The 8th round rattles inside one of my magazines when that mag is fully loaded with 13 rounds.  I took it apart and found no obvious cause.  The steel of the mag is undamaged.   I cannot explain how a double stack of rounds could leave one round loose inside the mag, but that is what is happening.  Somehow, the 8th round is not under any force.  I can see it moving through it's little hole in the back of the mag.  Anyone have a solution or similar experience?

Anyway, overall I am very pleased.  I finally have a hi cap pistol that was reasonably priced.  And it shoots and functions well.

Buck

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]
"Anyone have a solution or similar experience?"
It's not a problem so it doesn't need a solution. A lot of mags do the same thing. My XD-45ACP suits me fine.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's not a problem so it doesn't need a solution. A lot of mags do the same thing. My XD-45ACP suits me fine.

Ok.  It may not bother you, but it bothers me.  It doesn't bother me a lot, but I would like my loaded mags to be silent.  Call me crazy...I don't like to sound like a clock when I walk.

I own several handguns and none of them have magazines that allow rounds to move back and forth and make noise.  

Anyway, I'm still curious and wonder how many others have experienced this phenomenon.

Buck
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Since it only happens with one mag, would SA exchange it for a new one for you? That ought to be worth looking into.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice to hear.  I am thinkning about using mine for CCW.

Max
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:37:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine did that too for a little while. They don't do it anymore. I had some luck by smacking the base of the mag into my palm.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mine did that too for a little while. They don't do it anymore. I had some luck by smacking the base of the mag into my palm.

Interesting.  I'll give it a little time and see what happens, then try smacking it around a little.

Thanks for the info.

Buck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top