Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/18/2006 6:56:55 PM EDT
Who has one, and what are your thoughts? I am thinking of selling my XD45 for it

Thanks

RD
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:37:34 PM EDT
I bought one shortly after they came out. It was the biggest POS I've ever owned. I tried to get it running but gave up and dropped it off at my gunsmith's. He called me and said it was so out of spec that he wasn't going to put the time into it.

We sent it back to Springfeild and they made it right. There was tooling groves all over the inside of the gun to include the feed ramp, the breech (I think it's called) was out of spec and something was out of spec with the extractor too but I don't recall what they said.

I smoothed out and polished the feed ramp and changed the barrel link and added a adjustable rear site because POI was about a foot and a half low at about fifteen feet.

Now I know Springfeild can do better than this. I just got a dud. I'm not trying to steer you toward some other brand of pistol but I thought I'd let you know my experiance with them. I have not had a problem with the pistol since I got it back from Springfeild who BTW charged me nothing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:28:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2006 8:29:40 PM EDT by chickrepelent]
I just thought of something else. If you plan to CCW this pistol be advised the V10 will blind you at night. Those ports work good at controlling the muzzle climb but they blind you with fire. My non ported Kimber has night sights but I did'nt bother putting them on the V10.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:19:17 AM EDT
Sounds good, thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:35:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chickrepelent:I smoothed out and polished the feed ramp and changed the barrel link and added a adjustable rear site because POI was about a foot and a half low at about fifteen feet.

That's normal, consistent and I see it often. As a matter of fact, my Ultra Compact shot about a foot low at 10 yards when I first got it. As I learned to control the trigger and as the gun wore in, the point of impact eventually landed right on the Point of Aim.

It's just a matter of knowing the trigger and not falling into the trap of pulling the muzzle low. I see it every day at the range.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:06:46 PM EDT
My POI was/is fine.
Fast running gun after I sent back to have the ramp polished and got it feeding properly.
More of a novelty gun than anything b/c of the blinding factor noted, not real practical.
Last month, after several years and a few thousand rounds later, the ports finally took their toll and send the front ramp down range. I just got it back from SA last week.

All in all, it's good gun, but just not practical and if I had it to do over again, I'd pick something different.
Top Top