Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/16/2006 3:12:37 AM EDT
I saw the pipctures from SHOT of the new lightweight Operators coming. Just wondered if anyone had seen them in person yet, or heard of a release date? Also, has anyone heard a price range on them? I'm hoping they'll be close to the loaded/Bi Tone range, but am afraid they'll end up around the MC Operator price. Thanx.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:33:46 PM EDT
I've learned the hard way, if I have to ask "how much?", I can't afford it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:09:50 PM EDT
no prices. wish springfield would update their website.
www.leedway.com/Springfield%201911%20Tactical.pdf
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:10:39 PM EDT
Yeah. I have a friend who just bought one. He paid slighty over $1,000 for it. They had a sale on them at Buckeye Outdoors in Ohio. TRP Operator with the new short rail, I posted a picture of it in this thread;

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=49&t=27456

The kid doesn't research his guns much less shoot them before the gets them, it was so sad that he wanted me to make a post asking wht kind of gun he had LOL! .

I shot it and was less than impressed. I have a Kimber Warrior and preferred the Warrior. The sights are not Novaks, they are adjustable. Asjustable sights have no place on a combat handgun. The frontsrap checkering was too sharp and the barrel is a bull bushingless barrel, with a full length guide rod for hellish takedown. I would not reccomend one.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:29:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 6:30:28 PM EDT by olds442tyguy]
If the lightweight is more expensive than the MC, I bet it will be a flop.

What they really need to do is bring back the Loaded Operator. The OD Green craze has died down a bit, so why not get back to the basics.

ETA: In conversation with Springfield, they mentioned that pricing on the LW Operators is up in the air at the moment.
Top Top