Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/5/2006 4:22:34 PM EDT
is there any way I can improve my XD 9's trigger without spending a lot of money to send it somewhere for a tirgger job? There must be SOMETHING I can do to it
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:13:08 PM EDT
I'm certainly no pistol smith but I would think that if you don't already know how to do something that significant you shouldn't be messing around with that on your own. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:14:21 PM EDT
What's wrong with it?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:14:21 PM EDT
www.hs2000talk.com

There should be some posters with tips.....

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:27:39 PM EDT
i just cant stand the mushiness and over travel, yea Ive looked at hs200talk...seems like messing with it could fuck up the internal safety...bad idea!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:35:29 PM EDT
i just cant stand the mushiness and over travel, yea Ive looked at hs200talk...seems like messing with it could fuck up the internal safety...bad idea!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:38:03 AM EDT
Looks like you can double-tap OK!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:54:20 PM EDT
How old is your XD? I didn't like the mushiness or overtravel of the XD trigger when I first picked it up, but figured I'd get used to it (did a lot of dry firing). A few thousand rounds later and a lot of dry firing later, my XD trigger is pretty decent. The overtravel is still there, but I've learned to live with it. The mushiness, however, has decreased significantly-it's a very light pull until the second stage now.

Just dry fire a lot, and shoot a lot. You'll be much happier with your trigger, and dry firing is free. It does take a while, though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:04:28 AM EDT
Spend the 135 ? With Rich at Canyon-creek.
Best money you will ever spend shortens everthing up and installs an over travel stop and He really smooths all the action
www.canyon-creek.com

Best money I ever spent (I have had three XD's done)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:38:43 PM EDT
other than this XD, only handgun trigger I have liked and tried before is a .40 Sig's, is the canyon creek job somewhat comparable to that?
Top Top