Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 4:02:20 PM EDT
I just completed this project for a friend the other evening.  Thought I'd share a pi.  It's an XD45 with a refinished green slide and a stippled frame.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks great.  I must have been living in a cave the last few months, 'cause I just recently found out about the xd 45.  Yet another to add to the "things to get" list.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Great Job.  I like the green slide better than the tan/black finish.

Has Springfield improved the factory finish on the XD pistols?  I've refinished a few slides for friends because their XD slides have shown signs of rust.  Just curious.  These folks have not had any problems with their other guns, both rifle and pistols, so I assume it's an XD thing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  I'm not sure if the finish on the XD's has been changed or not.  I saw one (actually a HS2000) that had a lot of rust on it but that's the only one I've seen.  I don't know if it's still a problem or not.

The stippleding is done with a wood burner.  It takes a steady hand and about 2 1/2 - 3 hours to do a full size pistol but the results are worth it.  The texture is awesome.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#5]
That stippling is nice. Top notch man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top