Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 8:32:32 PM EDT
ok so right now i have a 4" .40cal...  with two of the factory 10rnd mags... if i buy a sc .40 are the magazines interchangable??? i was wanting to know for a backup carry gun, incase one fails i can just switch the mags between guns....
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm not entirely sure about this, but i'm guessing due to the shorter grip on the sub-compact, they wouldn't be interchangable.  if you buy a SC, you'll get mags with it tho, so i dunno why you'd need to interchange them?  i'm also basically a No0b when it comes too pistols haha, but just my thoughts. i'm sure someone will give u a real answer guess my main point was that u'd get new ones anyhoo.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
just speaking hypothetically in case of a big fire fight on duty.. i want my 4" .40 to be my duty and my sc .40 for my back up gun... so if i run out of loaded mags for one i can just grab a mag for the other and put it in...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The mags from the full size will function in the SC, but they'll stick out past the grip. The SC mags won't function in the full size.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top