Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 6:18:23 PM EDT
I put the screws to the local dealer after he sold the first .45 XDs before I could get to the store.  I found a black frame 5" XD .45 Tactical waiting for me when I arrived.  The obligitory pound of flesh was produced and in 48 hours I will be able to give it a whirl.  Feels well balanced with a nice trigger for a polymer wonder.

Pretty cool.  I hadn't heard that they had released the Tactical model yet but there it was.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:02:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Good catch.  Post pics and a report.  I have a 4" model on layaway and hope that I am happy with it.  I have not owned an XD yet so this is my first one.

Max
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:50:50 AM EDT
[#2]
congrats on the new handgun. we need photos
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Pictures Please!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Where the F@#k are the photos?!

I feel robbed
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#5]
till we see the pics
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm assuming you mean the .45acp.

It's on my list.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
till we see the pics

I wouldn't.  They had them at SHOT, and the XD45acp Service is already in release, theres no real reason the Tactical shouldn't be becoming available
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
till we see the pics<-----

I wouldn't.  They had them at SHOT, and the XD45acp Service is already in release, theres no real reason the Tactical shouldn't be becoming available

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Took the XD .45 Tactical out for a couple of boxes to break it in.  I am very impressed!  Talk about tearing a hole out of the x-ring!  

I found it well-balanced, with a comfortable grip and a natural point of aim.  The trigger broke cleanly and recoil was the most manageable I've experienced in a .45ACP handgun out of any I've owned- 1911, Glock 21 or HK USP Tactical.

A hundred of my favorite 230gr Hornady Total Metal Jacketed RN rounds fed without issue singly, from a full mag, during slow and rapid fire.  Better yet I simply couldn't miss with this pistol.  I could circle my thumb and index finger around the group I had in my first twenty rounds, dead center on target at 7 yards.  This kept on at a boring rate until I started to get a bit fatigued and flyers started to show up.

Another confirmed gun nut came up quickly after ID'ing this pistol as a 5" .45ACP XD.  He wanted to know how it was shooting and to show him I put the second round on the target I was shooting right on top of the first.  Cool!  I then gave him a mag, and being no slouch he made one ragged hole as well.

My only bad experience is that one mag got a small press-in ding on it near the top while I was reloading by hand.  However even with the deformity it still smoothly fed rounds.  Now I see why they include a mag loader!

All and all, however, this one's a definate keeper!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#10]
cool
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks great
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#12]
very nice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top