Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 9:53:58 AM EDT
On my 21 birthday I bought a stainless springfield loaded.  The front sight was bent so I sent it back, the fixed it and sent it back to me.  The must have sand blasted it because BT 10 was all over it.  I sent it back again and told them to get all of the glass bead out of it, it was everywhere and I could not get it out.  When I got it back the second time the barrel was not timed right and I had to send it back a third time, I told them I want my money back but they said they would give me a new one, put night sites on it and three 8-round mags with slam pads to make up for the trouble.  This was two years ago, now I have to send my XD back, noo matter what ammo I send trought it at least once per mag it will fail to eject the spent case.  I called them and they said I must send it to them to have it fixed and will not let me take it to a gunsmith in my local area, I am going to have to suck up the s&h again, but how many times? it took three the last time.  I am gong to sell both of my springfields once I get my XD working.  F&$# you springfield
Icon
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Get yourself a GLOCK, and get rid of that nickel-plated sissy-pistol.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Three 8 round Springfield magazines. $23.50 x 3 = $70.50.

Supply and install Tritium Novak Night Sights. $240.

$240.00
+  70.50

If I were in your position, I would be praising Springfield's obvious ability at making things right. You're just simply overlooking the generousity involved with your problems.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me know when you sell your loaded.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had 5 springfields and showed all my friends the light.  We have never had a problem with any of them.

Maybe you should look into shooter error.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#5]
My XD is perfect
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've had 5 springfields and showed all my friends the light.  We have never had a problem with any of them.

Maybe you should look into shooter error.

I thought about that so three strangers from the range shot it with the same results
icon
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I realy like my Springfields that I have but it sounds like you got two lemons to me and I would be mad if I had to send a pistol back three times. It is great they did that extra stuff for you too though. I would see what happened with your XD before I sold every thing and why sell your 1911 and take a loss if it is working like it should?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:56:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
On my 21 birthday I bought a stainless springfield loaded.  The front sight was bent so I sent it back, the fixed it and sent it back to me.  The must have sand blasted it because BT 10 was all over it.  I sent it back again and told them to get all of the glass bead out of it, it was everywhere and I could not get it out.  When I got it back the second time the barrel was not timed right and I had to send it back a third time, I told them I want my money back but they said they would give me a new one, put night sites on it and three 8-round mags with slam pads to make up for the trouble.  This was two years ago, now I have to send my XD back, noo matter what ammo I send trought it at least once per mag it will fail to eject the spent case.  I called them and they said I must send it to them to have it fixed and will not let me take it to a gunsmith in my local area, I am going to have to suck up the s&h again, but how many times? it took three the last time.  I am gong to sell both of my springfields once I get my XD working.  F&$# you springfieldIcon

I was a little angry when I wrote this, I do love my loaded when I got one that works, just pisses me off the I have to send my XD back, I love it also.  I buy certain gus for certain reasons, my 1911 is my ccw piece and my XD is for three gun, but how am I going to trust it when it keeps fiaing?

I buy springfield because my grandfather would be pissed if I bought any other brand, he speaks of them very highly, and has since I was little but it seems that every one I buy is a lemon.
sorry for bad mouthing of springfield, I do relize that they bend over backward to fix anything they or the owners mess up but I think they need more quality controls on the ones I buy.
Icon
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:35:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I had 2 fte's sunday outta 150 rounds ,I know the prob was that I didn't clean it after 150 or so a couple days earlier.....other than that,I have had no probs and am around 4000 through it..
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:05:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a new SA 1911 G.I..  I bought two used mags from a gun shop.   I shot 200 rounds and every mag FTF, every time.  The G.I issue mag was worst.  The SA mag was better.  The Colt 8 round mags was best, but not perfect.    

I chock it up to having to break it in.  I ordered 5 Wilson Combat 8 round mags.  I hope they work better.  

I really like the SA 1911 and don't want to get rid of it.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I had 2 fte's sunday outta 150 rounds ,I know the prob was that I didn't clean it after 150 or so a couple days earlier.....other than that,I have had no probs and am around 4000 through it..

I wouldnt toss your money away yet icon...i had the same problem as Biggy

After a good cleaning on my "out of the box" after around 100-200 i am even OVER the 4000 limit with only 1 good cleaning.

"sissy nickel plated gun"

LOL
ive seen worse done to glock
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:07:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I have two XD’s and I’ve had 0 problems out of either one using different ammo.  I have a SA light weight .45 that I sent back to ask them to polish the feed because I was having problems with a couple of different brands of ammo.  A local gun shop wanted to charge me $60.00.  I sent it back to them.  They polished the ramp, replaced the springs, added a full guide rod and reparkerized the gun because I had put a scratch on it and asked them if they could fix it.  They even sent me the money I paid to ship it to them because I put the receipt in the box.  Springfield’s customer service is on of the best I’ve ever dealt with.  They go out of their way to take care of their customers.  That’s why I continue to buy their products!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Ill buy both off of you, whenever you want to sell....give me a buzz.

Scout
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I've never had a problem with mine, and I have the stainless springfield loaded.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Update on my SA G.I.    

I got five, 8 round Wilson Combat mags.  I shot another 200 rounds of Winchester white box bulk.  It functioned much better.  I also shot 8 rounds of Silver tip.  The Silver tip fed and shot great.    

I think I'll keep it and try to wear it out.    

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You watch too many movies
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I had a problem with my Cahmp. LW.  The slide stop would not hold the slide oopen. SA fixed it and got it back to me in 13 days. While I feel a $700 gun shouldbn't need a trip to the factory to get it right, I understand some defects will occur in any product. 13 days is an excellent turn around IMO.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:42:55 AM EDT
[#18]
SA is always a crap shoot QC wise.

They will make good on it, eventually but it is a pain in the ass to have to go through the rigamarole.

I've owned three SA 1911s and only ONE was perfect out of the box. One needed minor tweaking and One was a total f-ing disaster that still wouldn't feed a box of hardball after going back TWICE

I've owned five M-1As.  Two were perfect out of the box, one went back once - missing an entire FEED RAMP on its commercial barrel; one went back twice and finally SA had to sub it out to Nelson's to get it right and one other was shipped with a worn, USGI extractor that had to be replaced on day 1
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
My XD is perfect

Ditto.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I buy springfield because my grandfather would be pissed if I bought any other brand, he speaks of them very highly, and has since I was little but it seems that every one I buy is a lemon.
sorry for bad mouthing of springfield, I do relize that they bend over backward to fix anything they or the owners mess up but I think they need more quality controls on the ones I buy.
Icon

Keep in mind that the Springfield of now ain't your GrandPappy's Springfield......  the original closed up shop sometime in the 60's I belei8ve, another company came along and trademarked the name, hence the Springfield Inc. now instead of just good old Springfield
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#21]
We have several XD's we rent out at our shop/range and they have run perfectly for the wide variety of shooters we get.  Our one requirement is no Blazer ammo can be used (no reloads either, factory brass cased ammo only). The aluminum case builds up quickly and starts causing problems.  You can't see the stuff building up in the chamber, it just gets to a point where it quickly causes extraction and feeding problems.  Brass cased ammo, no problems.  This is true of almost any handgun with the Blazer ammo.  Had a Barreta that we could not even chamber a round with the barrel out of the slide and had to almost ream the chamber to get it for accept a factory brass cased round.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#22]
So far I've never experienced a failure in any of my personally owned handguns.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Ok there Tommy Lee Jones
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:22:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
On my 21 birthday I bought a stainless springfield loaded.  The front sight was bent so I sent it back, the fixed it and sent it back to me.  The must have sand blasted it because BT 10 was all over it.  I sent it back again and told them to get all of the glass bead out of it, it was everywhere and I could not get it out.  When I got it back the second time the barrel was not timed right and I had to send it back a third time, I told them I want my money back but they said they would give me a new one, put night sites on it and three 8-round mags with slam pads to make up for the trouble.  This was two years ago, now I have to send my XD back, noo matter what ammo I send trought it at least once per mag it will fail to eject the spent case.  I called them and they said I must send it to them to have it fixed and will not let me take it to a gunsmith in my local area, I am going to have to suck up the s&h again, but how many times? it took three the last time.  I am gong to sell both of my springfields once I get my XD working.  F&$# you springfield
Icon

I can understand your frustration. There is nothing worse than an unreliable gun (and an unreliable woman). Sorry to hear you are giving up on Springfield. In truth, I think they make a great gun.  If you wrote directly to the guy at Springfield that deals with the public (he's listed on their website) I'm sure he would remedy things for you. Just keep a level head when speaking/writing to him.  Good luck to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top