Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/20/2006 3:41:53 PM EDT
What can you tell me about these. So far all I can find is the GI model (PX9707L) are there others? I am shopping around for my first .45 and think I like Springfield the best but going from 15 rounds to 7 is hard to accept. Any pros and cons to double vs. single stack and any 1911 info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:40:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By P_Roberts:
I am shopping around for my first .45 and think I like Springfield the best but going from 15 rounds to 7 is hard to accept.

I guess it is if you plan to miss a lot. The advantages of a classic, slim 1911 probably outweigh the mystique of a high capacity look-alike.

Many of the double stack guns have seen more than their share of problems. Para may be the exception ,and I am sure that there are individual owners out there free from problems, but there are many documented cases of unacceptable reliability.

I carry a Springfield Ultra Compact (7+1) daily and sometimes carry my STI Trojan (8+1) when circumstances allow but I have never felt undergunned. It may be in the mindset.

If necessity requires it, I will be shooting with a mind to hit. My spare mag is just to reload so that I don't have an empty gun while waiting for the law to arrive.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:50:15 AM EDT
If you cant hit the threat with 7+1 of .45 then you need more practice with your weapon and kiss your butt good by. That being said if you still prefer a high cap model then go for it it is your choice. I think the original configuration of the 1911 is what you want to go with. If its that hard for you ,you could always buy more mags.

I have never had a low cap model of any pistol I owned and had a hard time accepting downgrading to 7+1 until I compared the 9mm and .45 rounds. There is a big difference in stopping power. Take this from a guy who carries a G17 with 3 spare 17 round mags at all times.

I will be switching to a SA 1911 soon as my full time carry weapon as soon as I get one. My crappy Llama is in no way ever going to become a carry weapon that my life or families life depend on. Even after it gets out of the shop getting repairs.
Top Top