Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/27/2005 8:03:35 AM EDT
My GI model is shooting a bit to the left. How does everyone usually adjust, non adjustable rear sights, drift it over using a hardwood dowel? Or does someone make a tool to do it (this would be nice, I love special tools!!)? I did a quick search on Brownells and came up with nothing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:47:34 AM EDT
I think you just use a brass punch and drift them, but not completely sure on that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:38:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ManiacRat461:
I think you just use a brass punch and drift them, but not completely sure on that.

I can sure do that. But it would be nice to have a screw type press tool to incrementally move it from side to side without beating on it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:16:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 4:19:40 PM EDT by DnPRK]
Put masking tape on the side of the slide and clamp it in the tool below. Use a bolt with a brass tip insert and ratchet handle to gently push the sight to the desired position. Afterwards, use a little Sweets to clean up the brass smear on the side of the sight.
www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=163458

It's a manly device for the tool aficionado and built like a brick sh!thouse to last 1000 years.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:15:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DnPRK:
Put masking tape on the side of the slide and clamp it in the tool below. Use a bolt with a brass tip insert and ratchet handle to gently push the sight to the desired position. Afterwards, use a little Sweets to clean up the brass smear on the side of the sight.
www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=163458

It's a manly device for the tool aficionado and built like a brick sh!thouse to last 1000 years.

Thanks DnPRK, but..

Damn!! $119!! I know what your thinking, "never satisfied". I'll have to give it some thought. Maybe I'll send in my C&R FFL to get the discount.
Top Top