Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 8:03:35 AM EDT
My GI model is shooting a bit to the left. How does everyone usually adjust, non adjustable rear sights, drift it over using a hardwood dowel? Or does someone make a tool to do it (this would be nice, I love special tools!!)? I did a quick search on Brownells and came up with nothing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you just use a brass punch and drift them, but not completely sure on that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think you just use a brass punch and drift them, but not completely sure on that.

I can sure do that. But it would be nice to have a screw type press tool to incrementally move it from side to side without beating on it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Put masking tape on the side of the slide and clamp it in the tool below. Use a bolt with a brass tip insert and ratchet handle to gently push the sight to the desired position. Afterwards, use a little Sweets to clean up the brass smear on the side of the sight.
www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=163458

It's a manly device for the tool aficionado and built like a brick sh!thouse to last 1000 years.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Put masking tape on the side of the slide and clamp it in the tool below. Use a bolt with a brass tip insert and ratchet handle to gently push the sight to the desired position. Afterwards, use a little Sweets to clean up the brass smear on the side of the sight.
www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=163458

It's a manly device for the tool aficionado and built like a brick sh!thouse to last 1000 years.

Thanks DnPRK, but..

Damn!! $119!! I know what your thinking, "never satisfied". I'll have to give it some thought. Maybe I'll send in my C&R FFL to get the discount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top