Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/13/2005 12:14:02 PM EDT
I'm leaning towards a SS Custom Loaded full size...It will be my first 1911 and I want to do it right..What is the impression you have of this pistol??? It's NIB for $650...Any feed back would be appreciated...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:50:53 PM EDT
It depends on what you want. That is a very nice pistol btw and I think just about anyone would be happy with it. Has all of the normal upgrades that most people do.

I like my el cheapo Springfield GI as much as my decked out (to me) Kimber. The Kimber is smoother. I explained it to a relative, after inquiring why I spent so much on 1 pistol, by comparing it to cars. A cheap compact will drive across the country just fine and do it's job, but a $75k Mercedes will do the same thing just with a little more comfort, better features and some style thrown in.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:23:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2005 2:24:14 PM EDT by Zakk_Wylde_470]
You want every feature that comes on the TRP. That was my first handgun and the only thing I'd do different is wait until I could afford two at the same time
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:06:46 AM EDT
Good features for that price point.

Mainspring housing lock is easily changed. Internal extractor = good. No firing pin block = good.

SA's service and warranty are very good.

This gun should serve you well until/if you buy the next, nicer one (Baer, Wilson, Brown, custom). 1911s are addictive.

Top Top