Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2005 12:42:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 12:41:45 AM EDT by Morbid_Icon]
I want to put a lanyard on my XD, but the only way I see right now is to drill a hole in the hollow "mainspring housing" on the grip. Any help?
thanks
Icon
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:02:08 PM EDT
Do it... Tell us how it works out.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:19:31 PM EDT
I need to get more info on the polymer used for the frame. I am going to call springfield in the morning but was wandering if anyone has tried it, or knows if it will work.
Icon
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:39:04 AM EDT
Besides the two 'Because I can' and 'Beacuse I want to', what reason for the lanyard?

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:32:10 AM EDT
What about using an expanding insert ?
In the open hole in the bottom that how my magwell installs
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:58:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
Besides the two 'Because I can' and 'Beacuse I want to', what reason for the lanyard?

A friend owns some property where we go and shoot, two weeks ago I lost my new XD while riding a four wheeler. It too three hours to back-track our steps to find it.
Icon
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:37:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Morbid_Icon:

A friend owns some property where we go and shoot, two weeks ago I lost my new XD while riding a four wheeler. It too three hours to back-track our steps to find it.
Icon

HOly cow that would suck.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:40:04 AM EDT

I want to put a lanyard on my XD, but the only way I see right now is to drill a hole in the hollow "mainspring housing" on the grip. Any help?
thanks
Icon

You had better call SA...It may void your warranty!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:01:28 AM EDT
+1 to the warranty issue. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think SA would want you doing that to your XD.

Couldn't you just use a holster? I wouldn't want to drill holes into my XD. My holster cost me $18 and it works great (both IWB/OWB).
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:56:28 PM EDT

Icon

Yikes how about a Blackhawk indst. holster with SERPA to lock it in place
I have one for my 1911 and it works great

Black Hawk CQC SERPA
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:46:24 AM EDT
I have a blade tech tatical holster, but the woods at spots has thick underbrush and snaged it out when I was on the four wheeler. I called springfeild and they said not to drill the frame becase it will weaken the frame to the point that it will cause it to crack. I made an elastic loop that goes around the grip and holds the lanyard, after 20 min of using it as a yo-yo nothing came loose so I think I got it. I will post pics as soon as I can
Icon
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:58:48 AM EDT
When I ride quads I use a military M12 nylon flap holster. You will not lose your gun and it will be well protected. I wouldnt go poking holes in it. You may want to trade it in on the .45acp XD
Top Top