Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine's still ticking along so far

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't resist any longer and backordered one from Sportsman's Guide. $651 shipped after spending $10 for a 3-month membership to their buyers' club and finding a $20 off coupon.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 5:35:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Goosemaster:
I couldn't resist any longer and backordered one from Sportsman's Guide. $651 shipped after spending $10 for a 3-month membership to their buyers' club and finding a $20 off coupon.
View Quote
I just did the same thing too, thanks to your post, lol.

I pre-ordered from Brownell's when these first came out and I never got one. Called customer service and they acted like I placed a backorder. Alrighty then...
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#4]
After the debacle at my local gun store last year I totally gave up on ever finding one. Today I was at a podunk gunshow (the venue was an old high school gymnasium) and a guy had a brand new one in his case for $799. I had to do a double take because I couldn't believe I actually found one.

Almost missed it because I was heading for the door when I spotted it. Finally got one!

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
After the debacle at my local gun store last year I totally gave up on ever finding one. Today I was at a podunk gunshow (the venue was an old high school gymnasium) and a guy had a brand new one in his case for $799. I had to do a double take because I couldn't believe I actually found one.

Almost missed it because I was heading for the door when I spotted it. Finally got one!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/25872/IMG_1134-2808457.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/25872/IMG_1133-2808456.jpg
View Quote

Looks like you got a pretty nice set of grips on yours as well. Congrats, I really enjoy shooting mine.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Springer1911Fan:

Looks like you got a pretty nice set of grips on yours as well. Congrats, I really enjoy shooting mine.
View Quote

Thanks, I like them too. I will probably put some BLO on them just because. Can't wait to get it to the range.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#7]
After looking everywhere, I finally found my SA-35 on Memorial Day weekend! Here in Texas there's a chain of farm & ranch stores called Atwood's. The store in Corsicana, TX had several in stock for $649. The clerk working the gun counter let me examine each one so I could take my pick of the litter. Serial numbers of each was in the mid 10K range. I couldn't be happier with mine!
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Capstone:
After looking everywhere, I finally found my SA-35 on Memorial Day weekend! Here in Texas there's a chain of farm & ranch stores called Atwood's. The store in Corsicana, TX had several in stock for $649. The clerk working the gun counter let me examine each one so I could take my pick of the litter. Serial numbers of each was in the mid 10K range. I couldn't be happier with mine!
View Quote

Good find. If I could find one at that price I'd buy a second one.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#9]
This gun is a piece of shit. Mine has no audible or tactile trigger reset and SA returned it t me with a single sentence that this is “normal” for SA’s shitty new proprietary trigger. One would think that SA would have enough self respect to design a new trigger that at least wasn’t a POS that I need to send to C&S or MK3 for a $500 trigger job in order to get an audible or tactile reset. Then, the sharp edges on this crappy and poorly finished too small beaver tail isn’t helpful either. No hammer bite, but the sharp edges will cut you nonetheless. It’s NOT a reliable firearm. I have no less than 7 Springfields, including a variety of 1911s and some polymer wonders. SA, on this one, you done us the fucks. And now, I’m going to go trade mine in on anything else.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 10:01:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#10]
Comparing an almost 90 year old design to what is expected on current striker fired pistols is going to disappoint many people.   The P-35 was released when revolvers were still very common.   Double Action revolvers require letting the trigger move forward so the cylinder will advance.   It wasn’t common in the shooting world to use the short reset as is possible with the Glock.  When Glock was first adopted by LE the training involved getting rapid strings of fire using the short crisp reset.   This was the late 80’s that I first heard this in training and now people expect it.

I actually considered buying a P-35 to replace the Browning High Power I foolishly sold years ago.   With the limited availability of the SA P-35 I decided I’d be happier with a new gen 5 17.  For me I think I made the right choice.   Either spend the money to adapt your SA P-35 or sell it.  Your complaints are the same as with my 1960’s era High Power that had even worse sights.   This is part of the reason I decided I liked newer designs.

I haven’t seen any advertising from SA touting the P-35 short reset but at least the safety is more user friendly than the early P-35 pistols.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
Comparing an almost 90 year old design to what is expected on current striker fired pistols is going to disappoint many people.   The P-35 was released when revolvers were still very common.   Double Action revolvers require letting the trigger move forward so the cylinder will advance.   It wasn’t common in the shooting world to use the short reset as is possible with the Glock.  When Glock was first adopted by LE the training involved getting rapid strings of fire using the short crisp reset.   This was the late 80’s that I first heard this in training and now people expect it.

I actually considered buying a P-35 to replace the Browning High Power I foolishly sold years ago.   With the limited availability of the SA P-35 I decided I’d be happier with a new gen 5 17.  For me I think I made the right choice.   Either spend the money to adapt your SA P-35 or sell it.  Your complaints are the same as with my 1960’s era High Power that had even worse sights.   This is part of the reason I decided I liked newer designs.

I haven’t seen any advertising from SA touting the P-35 short reset but at least the safety is more user friendly than the early P-35 pistols.
View Quote

I prefer my sa-35 trigger over my gen 5 glock trigger honestly.  The glock triggers are much more difficult to break without disturbing the sights.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I was more impressed with the sights, features, and controls on the SA-35 than the Girsan, so I still plan to buy one. Frlm the sound of it the main issue is the extractor and that is fixable with a properly fitted one (from what I seem to hear) and may have been worked out by Springfield by now.

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Fit and finish on mine is nicer than the Girsan match ops I have. Great trigger and mine has an audible reset. I’m not shooting competitions with this thing, so it an excellent clone of a hi-power that exceeded my expectations of accuracy and I have zero issues with extraction on mine.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered one last night on GB

They're available now, and the prices are down a bit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Fin Feather & Fur in Ashland, Ohio had one in stock as I was passing through for $719. Didn't handle or see serial no. range.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:40:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4FishLimit] [#16]
Took mine out to the range last week and ran a couple hundred rounds through it.

I had 2 failure to return to battery, but the cause was due to my reloads that had a bulge in the case. A tap to the back of the slide ran it home and fired without issue.

Not my best shooting, but not bad considering it had been a couple months since I’ve been to the pistol range. Target was at 5 yards. Upper right target were double taps:

One mega flyer since it should have been a 6 round group

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 10:04:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Innawoods_larper] [#18]
I've ran many different handloads through my SA-35 but failed to get it to shoot any decent groups. It shoots 6-8" 5 shot groups at 20 yards supported regardless of bullet used. It also shoots at least 6 or 7 inches low. Going to send it back but Springfield hasn't responded yet with a shipping label. Going to contact them again or I'm going to sell the thing and buy an original hi power I think.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Had a late 90s vintage BHP that I sold only because I knew I’d send it off for $2K worth of work.

Should have kept the damned gun.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#20]
LGS has them on sale for $615 today.  

Very tempted.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top