Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2017 3:57:52 PM EDT
Got about eleventy Glocks, and want another 1911.  Is this a good one to get n the game with?   And pics and range reports are certainly welcome.  Thanks in advance, hatr
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The RO's are good guns for the money. Springfield will back up any screw up made by them with a great warranty. I had one that I had SACS work over, but sold it partly because I don't care for adjustable sights. Have regretted it since. Accuracy from my hands was good, not as good as my Baer or Wesson, but no slouch, never bench rested it though.

Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I had my RO in 9MM to the range the other day and did very well with it, just using standard ball ammo found at WM and the like, they make a very nice 1911 for the money, I believe I seen that Grab a Gun had the standard RO in 45 on clearance for like $719 a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#3]
First production run RO owner.

Well worth the money for what I got from SA.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a very lightly used stainless Springfield RO in .45ACP a few months ago.
Added a mag well, front cocking serrations, ambi safety, trigger job, and bead blasted the gun to a matte finish.

It's my EDC as well as my USPSA Single Stack gun.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#5]
What does the other side of the slide say, I do not think that is a Stainless RO, unless it had some extra work done.

eta looks more like a target stainless with mag-well added.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#6]
It says:
MODEL 1911 - A1
CAL .45

The pistol came with the original case marked with s/n and model . . .

I also replaced the RO grips.

eta: Note that the Target model has a blade front sight, while the RO has the fiber optic sight.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Front cocking serrations is why I asked.

rest of the changes like the grips, ambi safety, mainspring housing, front sight can be done at home with simple hand tools.

saw the text of your message, should read more and look at pictures less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top