Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2017 7:16:44 PM EDT
About 400 rounds in and while shooting I noticed that one of the tritium capsules had fallen out and the other one was on the way out.  SA was easy to work with on the phone and emailed a FedEx return label for the slide.  Now the wait begins on the repair.  Supposedly they'll just put a new complete rear site on.

I had been shooting it in the cold (down to -30 or so).  I wonder what the temp working range is on the adhesive they use to hold the capsules in the sites?  On the bright side I haven't had one malfunction.  This gun rocks!  I had been thinking about getting a higher dollar 1911 but this thing is everything I need.  It was NIB at $1200 so I don't see anything I'd want more for double the price on the next level of gun.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't had any issues with my sights but then I normally don't even shoot at 30*F. Mine has been rock solid too, no problems.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got the call yesterday and the slide with the new night site is on the way home.  I shipped it on April 27.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#3]
double tap
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are lucky enough to find the tritium capsule... it's considered good luck to swallow it! Just kidding bro. -30*, damn and I thought I liked cold weather. I hope you told Springfield that in case it is the adhesive that failed at that temp. Maybe they could use a heavier duty adhesive. Either way, it shouldn't have fell out. Springfield has a pretty good turn around and they do quality work in my experience.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine fell out in the first 50 rounds, 77 degrees...indoor range.  Took forever to find it.  Used some blue loctite to put it back in. Maybe I'lll call them to get it fixed.  Did you get any other work done on it while it was there?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't get any other work done.  They just had me send the slide back in for the repair.  I can't really think of anything that I'd want done additionally to the gun.  What are you considering for additional work?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top