Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2017 3:52:31 PM EDT
Anybody else get the XDE email today?  Anybody got pics of it yet or any info?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Got the email, couldnt find any pics.  I am guessing some sort of mod.2 / XDs meld....
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a pic ...

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:04:30 AM EDT
[#3]
That's cool. So a single stack hammer fired 1911 angled with a safety that I'm assuming means cocked and locked? This is cool.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I find this somewhat interesting.....even if it is DA/SA......

It's thin, it's light, and it takes 8 rounds of 9mm.  Grip is longer than the G43.  

The size is what a lot of people were wishing Glock had put out....thin but grip of longer size.  

If it's reliable, I might just bite due to the size and weight being on point for a middle of the road carry gun between my G43 and G19.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the polymer Sig 225 I never knew I wanted till right now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Good review here:XDe Review
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I am not an XD fan never have been never will be.  

That's what I have to tell myself...damn it that's the best looking polymer gun SA has ever made.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#9]
In the video they kept mentioning the easy slide racking.

Probably going towards the female or frail male market.

Curious how it shoots.

More than likely will never own or shoot one though
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's cool. So a single stack hammer fired 1911 angled with a safety that I'm assuming means cocked and locked? This is cool.
View Quote
It's DA/SA.  

Looks good to me.  It kind of fills a niche because there aren't a lot of polymer guns with hammers.  Actually, are there any in this size category?  IMHO, they totally hit a home run.  I would way rather use this gun AIWB than a Glock.  Although that doesn't mean people are dumb if they DO AIWB a striker fired gun.  It just means some people might find it a bit more safe to do that.  Or any carry method.  

I'm sure there will be a lot of hate.  Looks like the bore is kind of high. Which a lot of people don't like. I say it doesn't matter if it shoots well for you.  The video I watched did look like it might jump a bit more than some other 9mm's  But I'm not sure if it was who was shooting it or not.  They showed a Gal and a Dude shooting it.  

vids and info here

Oops, that's probably the same like as above.

They shoud've done decock only though.  Ugh.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I just bought an EMP, so I doubt I'll be in the market for one of these, but they do look intriguing--except for the idiotic "Grip Zone" marking.  DA/SA with a decocker and the ability to carry cocked-and-locked?  Ticks a lot of boxes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Would be more interested in a decock only version, and some stippling over the stupid "Grip Zone" branding.

Also, seems like they were only one step away from a completely ambi pistol, which would be unique in the single stack game. Ambi safety/decocker, ambi mag release but no ambi slide release?  Shouldn't that be just about the easiest part to make ambi?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Why does everyone get all up in arms about the "grip zone"?  It's a grip.  So what.  Who cares what they call it?  There's no doubt there marketing is kind of funky, but that doesn't make the guns bad.  

Same thing with the Saint.  I thought the marketing was waaaaay hyped.  But who cares?  It's an AR.  It's not like they're the only ones to have some interesting branding going on.   I think the Daniel Defense furniture they put on the their guns looks about as stupid as...  stupid.   But you can always swap out stocks like everyone else..  So.  

I get that it's kind of weird to call it a "grip zone".  It's like taking a coffee cup and at the top of the rim calling it the "lip zone".  LOL.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why does everyone get all up in arms about the "grip zone"?
View Quote
I don't think I'd say I'm "up in arms" about it, but (1) I think the term is silly, and (2) marking it on the gun itself is especially silly.  It's like marking the gun "hold gun here," and if you need to be told that, you obviously have no business handling a gun.  If I otherwise wanted the gun, this wouldn't keep me from buying it, but I'd probably be looking for a way to make it disappear.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why does everyone get all up in arms about the "grip zone"?...
...I get that it's kind of weird to call it a "grip zone".  It's like taking a coffee cup and at the top of the rim calling it the "lip zone".  LOL.
View Quote
I'm not up in arms about it, it's just cheesey.  Won't stop me from considering a decock only version. We like SA in this house.
Attachment Attached File

I agree with everything in your first post btw.

ETA: Well crap, just read about this Illinois SB-1657 nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Tried demo sample at lgs today.
Hated trigger.
Long take up. Long mushy second stage. Long reset.
For a hammer fired single action, not impressed.
Their BS marketing acts like they just invented the hammer.
Plus, they way they sold out in Illinois, a big no...
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anybody else get the XDE email today?  Anybody got pics of it yet or any info?
View Quote

I am turned off by there 1990's Xtreme marketing!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess none of you care that SA is shitting on everyone in Illinois and the 2A...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I guess none of you care that SA is shitting on everyone in Illinois and the 2A...  
View Quote
People do, but this isnt GD.

Back to the OP.  I think it fits the bill in a limited marked.  I would be interested to hold one and see how the trigger feels.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#21]
That looks like it has possibility....but I will never own one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't think I'd say I'm "up in arms" about it, but (1) I think the term is silly, and (2) marking it on the gun itself is especially silly.  It's like marking the gun "hold gun here," and if you need to be told that, you obviously have no business handling a gun.  If I otherwise wanted the gun, this wouldn't keep me from buying it, but I'd probably be looking for a way to make it disappear.
View Quote
I shouldn't have said everyone.  I just don't even think about it much.  But you guys are right.  It is cheesy.  LOL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top