Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2017 3:50:32 PM EDT
Got an email about a new pistol line. States it so compact, so capable, and so comfortable you'll carry it everywhere. To be released Friday at the NRA meeting. And of course I just purchased an XDS. Now another product to purchase.
I'm wondering how much more compact it will be compared to the XDs
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the same email... ever since the "Saint" I've been terrified of any new Springfield release. At least this isn't being built up with 3 weeks of cryptic images of sweaty fitness models and gym bro's off instagram talking about defending their legacy. I swear... if this is another let down I'm going to SIG or Glock. I love my XDm's and XDs's, but the fubar'd PR scheme 6 months ago made me want to vomit directly into my own eyes after the big release.

Heres to hoping it isn't an XDe(ject)
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I could do without all the hot models, but why was it such a let down?  Seems like a decent AR to me.  

I'm interested to see what they'll be putting out.  The email makes it seem like it will be geared towards an easily concealable gun.  Good to have options in that category.  At least if they work.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It was marketed as a game changing product that had never been seen before. Upon release, it is a budget AR with zero benefits or perks over any other companies model. Springfield has typically, at least in the rifle world, had a reputation for pushing the envelope with innovative and unique products (M1A), many of us hoped to see an innovative and useful twist on the AR platform, instead, we got a bare-bones rifle on par with a DPMS or Bushmaster. Not worth bragging about, let alone a 3 week PR campaign touting how much it would change our lives.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks like a polymer, hammer fired, single stack 9mm
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1988771_The-New-Springfield-XD-E.html&page=1

pics are out... XDE(ject).
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]
why the grip zone again?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top