Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2017 2:48:25 PM EDT
met up with a few guys while we were out walking today with our dogs.... convo went to guns then to carry... I told them my carry was OWB XDs 9mm 3.3.... one guy had a full size 1911 and the other had a Glock 19. they laughed and called my EDC a 6 shot toy... well I'm not embarrassed or ashamed... I can only carry OWB so when it's cool out I can wear extra clothes and carry bigger... but when wearing jeans and t-shirt the XDs is the way I roll!  and hopefully I don't EVER need more than just a few rounds while out walking the dog...   I had a Glock 43 and hated it.. the XDs 9 3.3 has been a great shooting invisible carry pistol for me, I'm glad I have one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#1]
There is always a "better" gun, but who cares if you actually carry.  Nothing wrong with that set up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:18:23 AM EDT
[#2]
S&W Model 29 only has 6 shots as well. Does that make it a bigger toy?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:58:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Ignorance is everywhere, use what works for you.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Find smarter friends?

:)

Larry
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Find smarter friends?

:)

Larry
View Quote
not really friends.. just guys I know from the dog park and path... funny, my real friends are all bleeding heart liberals who don't believe in guns... but they never say a word to me about them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Buncha guys walking dags together in a dag park, and gun shaming for size?  

It's a brave new world...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Most of my responses are of the GD type, so...

But in all honesty, carrying a gun is better than not.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Puny wimps!! I carry a Glock 41 with extended magazines... 17 rounds of 45acp goodness!!

Ok, I am actually joking there. You carry, and that is what counts.  Nice gun too. I might give you some crap, lightly, if it was a 2 shot derringer. :D
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I can see why neither one likes the XDS.  One carries a 45.  He thinks anything but a 45 isn't worth it for  CCW

The other likes the hicap of the Glock plus the name.

Shoot whatever you like and shoot well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Anything on your belt is better than nothing. I'm a HUGE fan of my XDS 45, and have zero issues with the 6 rounds in the gun plus an extra mag tossed in the pocket when I feel the need. Minimal printing, and something light enough that it isn't going to get left on the dresser. I wonder how often the other two guys actually decide to carry, and how obvious they are from ten miles away when they do. I'd rather stay below the radar with a few rounds less.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Glock and 1911 have jumped the shark because of the owners. I hear someone talk about Glock 19 or nothing and I think they are ball less losers that can't see spending more than $500 on a gun yet go to two NASCAR events a year.

1911 market is over run with people who are buying cheap foreign made guns and blabbing about John Browning. Whereas the 1911 has evolved into an art and I would rather not have one if I can't have a custom like Wilson or Les Bear make it.

The XDs is a fine firearm and next time your around them you should have the 8 round mags in it just to screw with them.  

I don't own an XD but I'll walk my dog with you and not make fun of your pistol. Those dudes are losers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I like your EDC gun. I still carry a S&W .38 in summer months, it works and it conceals well. I'm trying to imagine concealing a fullsize 1911 in summer without an uncomfortable second layer or huge leather Crossbreed holster to keep the sweat in. I think they're most likely idiots. I think your ccw is fine, but I would give you some light teasing for all the grip tape on the slide.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I carry an XDs45.  

As much as I love 1911s they're just too big for concealed carry.  Same with XDm .45s
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I carry the same gun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#15]
A story I heard a while back was there was some kind of convention for gun training. It was evening and the trainers were all at the same table having supper, 5 trainers. I believe all of the trainers trained with glock or 1911. Somebody asked what they actually carrying for personal protection at the time, every one of them had a 5 shot revolver. And I'm not surprised.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Nothing wrong with the XD-S...
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I carry an XDs45.

As much as I love 1911s they're just too big for concealed carry.  Same with XDm .45s
View Quote
Same here, big fan of the XDs (particularly after some internal polishing & PRP goodies).

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Carry what works...  FOR YOU...
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I own a g19, but carry my xds9.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Xds9 is a great gun.  Slav squats and all.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I would make more fun of your hipster belt than you gun.  

LOL

Now that being said those guys likely do not carry 100% or 3v3n 90% of the time.  

I am guessin you do.  That makes all the difference.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Six shots. 

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmKR6evZRQQ[/youtube]
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#23]
OWB CCW is tough with a bigger gun.  I've done it with the Shield, but I prefer IWB.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would make more fun of your hipster belt than you gun.  

LOL

Now that being said those guys likely do not carry 100% or 3v3n 90% of the time.  

I am guessin you do.  That makes all the difference.
View Quote
that's my $10 wally world belt.. I'm too cheap to buy a real one
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm not the right person to answer this probably as I carry a Glock 34 and two spare mags every day.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I swear the gun culture attracts some of the biggest mouth breathers you'll ever run across. You found two.  Congrats

XDs is a fine carry pistol.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#27]
The gun world is full of people that act like high schoolers.....  It's a shame.

I'm always reverting back to my J frame.....    I'll go with the excuse of threat assessment.  I just don't travel in places where I feel like I need much more.  I can carry a gun with more capacity if I do....  but like every day, I keep coming back to the j frame.  

So....  no laughs from me.  You're better armed than I am.  I do carry more ammo than you though.  LOL.  Like I'd have time to actually reload 3x........ (carry 20 rounds total)
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#28]
If the continuum of defensive carry were drawn out, it would look like this:

Unarmed--------------knife--------------------------------------------------------------------little gun, big gun, cannon

In spite of us gun lovers opining on weapons and calibers, practically the difference between any two guns is three or four percent, while the difference between any gun and no gun would be 96 percent. Once you carry A GUN, you're mostly there.

Larry
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#29]
9 hits are better than 16 misses.

In other words what works best for you, may not be best for someone else.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:01:50 AM EDT
[#30]
I started a thread about the XDs 9mm, how I felt undergunned.
I carry with the 8+1 (AIWB), and two 9 mags for backup.

I thought that wasn't enough.  Then I realized, if I have to shoot more than the 8+1 in the gun, I need to start thinking about an exit ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:35:12 AM EDT
[#31]
I carry either my XDs 9 or my Shield every day in summer.  In spring, winter, and fall I tend to carry my G17.  I am a big guy so it isnt hard to conceal it for me.  

When I carry one of the sub-compacts I never feel under gunned.  7 to 10 rounds of 9mm with 2 reloads in the pocket is perfect for me.  I say carry what you want, you are the one using it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:38:19 AM EDT
[#32]
I EDC A M249 AND RPG IN MY SKINNY JEANS. WHAT YOU CAN'T DO THAT?

man who cares what others say. You have to care what works for you. I have lots of pistols and holsters for each. But 99% of the time i carry my lcp. 8rds in my pocket that I can actually have with me is bettet then that hand cannon thats left at home or in the car because I can't carry it with me or its too uncomfortable that I leave it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I thought that wasn't enough.  Then I realized, if I have to shoot more than the 8+1 in the gun, I need to start thinking about an exit ASAP.
View Quote
You should be thinking about an exit before round 1.

Just sucks if your loved ones are on one side and the exits on the other
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm more concerned about carrying if my son is with me than if I'm by myself.   Which is strange because that's exactly the opposite of what a lot of the antis expect.   I carry to protect those I care about.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I am fairly small at 5'9" 160lb and live in a warm climate, SE Texas. Jeans and t-shirts are normal for me. A J-frame .357 in a Sideguard IWB appendix holster is normal with a speed strip of reloads. If I feel like I need more I'd add a second J-frame behind the hip, but I never have felt the need for more.

I like the previous description of your acquaintances, mouth breathers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Who cares, you carry what works for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top