Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2017 12:28:06 AM EDT
Pretty soon I'm going to get an XDm 9mm service model. I've never had a red dot sight on a handgun but I'm pretty sure it is going to be something I would like in the near to mid future. What would be involved with getting one set up? Should I just wait until they all are ready to go right from the factory?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:25:21 AM EDT
[#1]
There's an already optic ready XDm. The OSP.

I have one. Honestly, the optic sits a little high (would have been nice if HS Produkt/SA machined the slide a little more. But it works. To get any type of iron sight access through the optic, you're gonna need taller sights. Dawson Precision makes some that are high enough. .500 rear and .475 front. It's what I did.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:53:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I just reviewed the XDM OSP for TFB:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/20/springfield-armory-xdm-osp/

Not a bad setup. As stated above, the red dot sits pretty high.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder why it has to sit high? There must be mechanisms in the way of cutting it lower.

Thanks for pointing me toward your review, that was perfect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top