Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2017 12:43:48 AM EDT
Have a shield and it's great but something about it just feels weird compared to most other guns I own or have shot ( mostly g22/19). I went to feel how the 43 felt and honestly didn't like it or the fact it's 1rd less and way more money than my shield.

for fun I grabbed an xds 3.3 and man it sure felt good in my hand. I'm  seriously contemplating picking one up now but want to hear some good bad and ugly especially from guys that are or have carried them EDC with lots or rounds through them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:13:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my XDS 3.3 45.

Never had a single hiccup or issue out of it. Several thousand rounds of every type through it.

Light, comfortable, very nice trigger, sights, and ergos.

Conceals very easily.

I still carry it occasionally, but moved to carrying my Glock 19 for the most part as my EDC once ISIS really started picking up their attacks. I think it was after the Muhammed art exhibit attack here in Texas actually. The XDS is fine with its 6 rounds onboard if you are just expecting a lone perp in a robbery or assault situation, but I wanted more rounds in the case of a terrorist situation where there may be multiple attackers.

I don't have a bad word to at all to say about the XDS though, and trust it completely. Great gun!
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:17:01 AM EDT
[#2]
XDS 3.3 .45

Great gun, and has been 100% reliable since I bought it.
For such a small gun it is surprisingly accurate.

The trigger in mine was mediocre until I changed the sear and springs with a powder river precision one. Much nicer.

I really don't have anything bad to say about it. It pulls duty as my EDC about 50/50 with my Sig P320, for the same reason as the poster above me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:17:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I EDC a xds9 with a N82 holster cant even feel it there. Seems to eat any ammo and has great groups. I was mostly a glock guy before but i would consider another xd as my next pistol.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:27:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I carried mine as a backup while on duty and it was fine.
No FTE/FTF for over 2 years.
The only thing I have changed is that I now, being retired, carry it in a Versacarry OWB on the right side.

I ahe a G23, but prefer the XDS as it is smaller.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I edc a xds .45. 100 percent reliable. Great gun. Don't know if it matters but I never sent it in on the recall. No slam fires...ever.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:21:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys this is the 9mm version I'm looking at and actually found it in gray online last night for what I feel is a good price so I think I'm going to give it a try 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Used to try and carry my xds9 but just could not stand it. Its been perfectly reliable, I just do not like the way it shoots/or I shoot it. I have LCPII now and havent looked back.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Love my xds 45, my main carry gun for sure. It just disappears so easily in my mini-tuck or new kydex holster and its very accurate for what it is.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the 9mm.   Carries Very comfortable in my Hidden Hybrid holster.  No issues with mine.   I alternate between my Glock 19 and the XDs
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:58:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I prefer the XDs to Glocks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#11]
My xds 3.3 9mm has been very reliable and shot everything I have put through it with no issues.

Compared to G43, I find the xds to be a little easier to get a grip on. I can get a pretty decent grip even with the non-extended mag...pinky about halfway on the grip which for an edc is nice. The extended mag with +1 for extended range sessions and conceals fine when wearing more than a tshirt.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My xds 3.3 9mm has been very reliable and shot everything I have put through it with no issues.

Compared to G43, I find the xds to be a little easier to get a grip on. I can get a pretty decent grip even with the non-extended mag...pinky about halfway on the grip which for an edc is nice. The extended mag with +1 for extended range sessions and conceals fine when wearing more than a tshirt.
View Quote
That's what I noticed as well plus  I seemed to full my monster hand better than my shield does and didn't feel as top heavy.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:20:00 AM EDT
[#13]
My XDS 3.3 loaded with 45 SUPER is a fucking handful. If I ever have to use it in defense its hopefully going to be a two handed shot. Single handed this thing has a wallop.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:48:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Alternate between my xds9 and g19, with the xds getting around 80% of the work load.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I have carried the 3.3  since they came out. Zero problems
and I use a sticky holster.

Eta. 9mm
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#17]
XDS9 in Alien Gear holster. Love it. Fits my hand and very accurate for a small pistol.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:32:37 AM EDT
[#18]
My XDS just lays in the safe since the G43 hit the market.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my XDS 3.3 45.

Never had a single hiccup or issue out of it. Several thousand rounds of every type through it.

Light, comfortable, very nice trigger, sights, and ergos.

Conceals very easily.

I still carry it occasionally, but moved to carrying my Glock 19 for the most part as my EDC once ISIS really started picking up their attacks. I think it was after the Muhammed art exhibit attack here in Texas actually. The XDS is fine with its 6 rounds onboard if you are just expecting a lone perp in a robbery or assault situation, but I wanted more rounds in the case of a terrorist situation where there may be multiple attackers.

I don't have a bad word to at all to say about the XDS though, and trust it completely. Great gun!
View Quote
This ^^^^
I've been EDC'ing one for a little over a year but have only put a couple hundred rounds through it. (mine's a 9mm) Never a malfunction....ever.
Easy to carry, single stack makes it a bit lighter and thinner that a double stack which I'm sure you have already considered BUT.......
I had a chance to handle a XD Mod 2 w/3" barrel and I do have a bit of regret that I did not go with one of these, simply for the extra capacity. It's not really that much thicker than a single stack but I know every fraction of an inch counts when trying to conceal. Just for reference, my XDS9 next to the PF940C (Glock 19 slide and internals).
It's not that much thicker is it?

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#20]
The XDS 9 is a great EDC.  I picked up one last year and have not looked back.  Shoots flat and the grip does not dig into my hands.  All in all a great shooter.  Just need to find a good AIWB holster.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#21]
XDS 3.3 45.......
Feels good, conceals nicely AIWB or 3-4 clock. Recently started carrying, using dyi kydex. Very slim, lightweight and disappears for all day. Compared to a G26 the XDS gets more time. I just feelz better.

Shoots straight, no hiccups although only shot less than 500 rds.
I'm thinking a 9mm in the future.
Plus with the special going on its almost a no brainier.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep the mags is what pushed me over the edge as well. I'm hoping to get out by next Friday and start running some rounds through it so I can start carrying soon but works not letting me get the chance 
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#23]
I carry a 3.3 .45 XDS most of the time, generally AIWB in a Wolf Hollow Wolfpack holster that includes a spare magazine pouch. I carry it with the six round magazine as I find that to offer the best combination of concealability, capacity, and grip length.  I'm very pleased with the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top