Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2017 7:35:16 PM EDT
Question,  this was my first handgun purchase  when I was 21. This pistol has the standard barrel bushing design. Springfield has since changed the design. Looking for a new barrel bushing, will any run of the mill 1911 bushing work? If not what can be done?
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you will need the shorter commander style bushing.  I had a Loaded Champion a few years ago.  I switched it from the dual spring set up to a GI with just standard commander parts.  David
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]
That era Champion used a short flanged bushing and a spring cap with a tab ala the Colt Officers ACP.

While I never saw one break, I hate the design. So I cut a standard GI bushing and spring cap to the Springfield dimensions and have ran it that way for the last 20 or so years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top