Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I noticed GunMagWarehouse.com has their mags listed now, but not yet in stock. Always have more than the quantity the factory supplies with the gun.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They did provide the test gun. Most folks who review firearms receive test guns at no cost on loan. The guns go back if you don't purchase them. Some people who have a lot more disposable income than I do are able to purchase every gun they review. But they can't produce a review of a gun to coincide with the official release that way. I might purchase the pistol that SA sent. It has several things going for it that I like, but I'll probably pass. If I had more play money, I'd buy it just to add another 10mm to the collection, but it really doesn't do anything better than my G20SF. Feels a little smaller, has a little longer sight radius, and has adjustable sights. If I was choosing between the two prior to purchasing in the first place, those features might make a difference. Don't get me wrong, I'd really like to be able to buy almost every new gun that comes along, especially in best millimeter. But I don't have a lot of money.

I owned a Springfield 1911A1, M1A, and XD45 before the ruckus. I haven't purchased anything since, but not because of the drama. I'm neither a fan nor a detractor. I'm rather ambivalent towards their products. But the way the gun world has reacted to the drama has been full autist. The lobbyist they put in charge of IFMA was fully responsible and he has been sacked. I understand why you're upset, but I wholeheartedly disagree. This isn't Ruger, S&W, or Glock advocating for mag restrictions and it isn't Troy Industries employing a murderous fucktard. SA and RRA did not take the actions they are accused of, they fired the responsible party, and they have advocated against the bad policy that he was supporting. I don't know what more they could do, honestly.
View Quote
1. I guess I am full autist in addition to a couple other implications you made.

2. If you read all about what happened including the drama from the previous years they were warned about, you realize there is NO WAY THEY ARE NOT COMPLICIT.

Rather than imply you are anything other than somebody who makes gun videos, I will just say I don't know whether or not you have read THE FACTS of everything that went down.

I will be done with this, as we disagree.  We........as in I the aggrieved snowflake autist, and you being the gun video maker but whatever floats your boat....
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Does the 10 have the same external dimensions as the 45?
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
My XDm 10 5.25 came in today.

I don't have a Xdm 45 but I compared it to my XD 45 Tactical, but I suspect the XDm 45 is dimensionally the same as the XDm 10.

First of all the XDm model is more streamlined compared to the more blocky XD 45.

The XDm 10 has a much better grip design that's more ergonomic and it has a slightly longer grip.

Therefore the XDm feels much better.

The XDm 10 mags fit just the same in the 45 mag holder.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:32:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m glad they started making them.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 1:43:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I handled the 4.5 today. If I didn’t know glocks already and had to pick the G20 or XDM-10, it’d be an easy pick for the SA gun. Better and more ergonomic grip, better trigger, better sights. I didn’t bite, was marked $569, head says no, heart says yes
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes i would and i did. I bought the 4.5 poly XDM 10 and like the hell out of it. It is 50yd accurate, maybe further but fifty is as far as i have had a chance to go so far. It feeds good and shoots smooth for a "larger" caliber, the best thing is since i live in bear country it's easy to carry. I have some underwood 220gr coming so i can see if i need a stronger spring in it but so far so good. So yes if you want one then get one and see if it fits you.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
My XDm 10 5.25 is out shooting my two G20's.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Update, I went back a few days later. Picked up 4.5”, broke in with reloads 200 at 1150fps. Shoots well, this load seems to be dot over target poa/poi. I prefer 6 o’clock, but workable as is. Will carry deer hunting this season

ETA: anybody got a line on a decent OWB that doesn’t cost $100? Lots of makers don’t list XDM 45 4.5”.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Update, I went back a few days later. Picked up 4.5", broke in with reloads 200 at 1150fps. Shoots well, this load seems to be dot over target poa/poi. I prefer 6 o'clock, but workable as is. Will carry deer hunting this season

ETA: anybody got a line on a decent OWB that doesn't cost $100? Lots of makers don't list XDM 45 4.5".
View Quote
http://aliengearholsters.com/springfield-xdm-45-inch-barrel-paddle-holster.html

http://aliengearholsters.com/springfield-xdm-45acp-45-inch-alien-gear-cloak-slide-owb-holster-outside-the-waistband.html
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been waiting since the HS2000 for an xd in 10mm.

That said SA will never see another dime from me till the current traitorous management is kicked to the curb.

Fuck S.A.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Update, I went back a few days later. Picked up 4.5”, broke in with reloads 200 at 1150fps. Shoots well, this load seems to be dot over target poa/poi. I prefer 6 o’clock, but workable as is. Will carry deer hunting this season

ETA: anybody got a line on a decent OWB that doesn’t cost $100? Lots of makers don’t list XDM 45 4.5”.
View Quote
I just ordered an OWB holster from Cooks Holsters.   I asked them if the 10 mm would fit there 5.25 holster and since they didn't know I get to be the test case.  I'll post back here after it arrives
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#13]
@harleyrkc

Thanks, let us know
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm using a Comp-Tac International with my 5.25, and a 4.5 will fit perfectly in it.

Works great & doesn't cost $100.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Try Hughes holsters for your OWB XDM. He made three for me. Good quality for around $50.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Came home to find my Cooks Holster in the mailbox.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow, I guess we don't get much movement in the Springfield forum.

If anyone's wondering the fit, form, and function on the Cooks Holster is flawless.  I wouldn't normally wear a paddle but this is my camp gun, so I like to be able to easily take it off in the cabin or when sitting down in a deer blind.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Who needs 10mm when 45 Super already exists?
View Quote
i picked up a 5" XD45 for supers cheap when i was looking at 10mm's, already had a bunch of 45 ammo but no 45 pistol.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm thinking of getting an XDm 10mm, anybody have any more reviews of them?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Had mine since they first came out.  Here is what I posted after the first range trip on another forum -

Put 250 rounds thru the XDM today. Used a mix of 165FMJ, 180 FMJ, 180GR HST, 200gr FMJ, Nosler 200gr HP and 200gr WFNGC lead projectiles (all my reloads).  Everything ran without a hitch. Brass was thrown between 20 and 30 feet back and over my right hand shoulder.  FWIW The 200gr lead projectiles were in front of 13.3gr of Accurate #9, chrono'd @1252fps from my 5" EAA.

Overall I am very happy with the gun.  The slide is easy to manipulate and I had no issues using the slide stop to chamber a round after a reload. The trigger feels good, way better than the CZ P10C I picked up last week. Reset is tactile and not too long.  Recoil was smooth with no noticeable impulse even on the 200gr loads.  All my 1911 10mm's have a sharp impulse, noticeable when the slide is all the way back, the GP P40 gives you a sharp torqueing motion. The XDM never fatigued nor dug into my hands, quit shooting because it was getting hot out.  Sights are great.  Red fiber up front was easy to see outdoors and contrasted well with the serated rear sight. This may be the first 10mm I don't swap sights on.

Afterwards we compared the 10mm XDM internals to my 45 XD internals. The frame internals look nearly identical. Rails look to be identical and the trigger mechanism looks the same.  The 45 XD slide installed onto the newer 10mm XDM frame no problem. Have high hopes this will fit the Kenai Chest rig holster I have coming for the 45 XD. (Update, the 10mm XDM fits the 4" 45ACP XD holster perfectly).
View Quote
To date (2019) I have about 1500 rounds thru my XDM.  I did recently install a 20lb Wolff recoil spring which made it easier to find my brass.  A 22lb recoil spring is available from Wolff as well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Had mine since they first came out.  Here is what I posted after the first range trip on another forum -

To date (2019) I have about 1500 rounds thru my XDM.  I did recently install a 20lb Wolff recoil spring which made it easier to find my brass.  A 22lb recoil spring is available from Wolff as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Put 250 rounds thru the XDM today. Used a mix of 165FMJ, 180 FMJ, 180GR HST, 200gr FMJ, Nosler 200gr HP and 200gr WFNGC lead projectiles (all my reloads).  Everything ran without a hitch. Brass was thrown between 20 and 30 feet back and over my right hand shoulder.  FWIW The 200gr lead projectiles were in front of 13.3gr of Accurate #9, chrono'd @1252fps from my 5" EAA.

Overall I am very happy with the gun.  The slide is easy to manipulate and I had no issues using the slide stop to chamber a round after a reload. The trigger feels good, way better than the CZ P10C I picked up last week. Reset is tactile and not too long.  Recoil was smooth with no noticeable impulse even on the 200gr loads.  All my 1911 10mm's have a sharp impulse, noticeable when the slide is all the way back, the GP P40 gives you a sharp torqueing motion. The XDM never fatigued nor dug into my hands, quit shooting because it was getting hot out.  Sights are great.  Red fiber up front was easy to see outdoors and contrasted well with the serated rear sight. This may be the first 10mm I don't swap sights on.

Afterwards we compared the 10mm XDM internals to my 45 XD internals. The frame internals look nearly identical. Rails look to be identical and the trigger mechanism looks the same.  The 45 XD slide installed onto the newer 10mm XDM frame no problem. Have high hopes this will fit the Kenai Chest rig holster I have coming for the 45 XD. (Update, the 10mm XDM fits the 4" 45ACP XD holster perfectly).
thanks.  is that the regular or longslide XDm 10mm?
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

thanks.  is that the regular or longslide XDm 10mm?
View Quote
4.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just got my XD10.  The mags have ribs pressed into them to accommodate the smaller 10 mm round.  Looks to me even the mag wells are the same as the XD15.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just got my XD10.  The mags have ribs pressed into them to accommodate the smaller 10 mm round.  Looks to me even the mag wells are the same as the XD15.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
or the xd45
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top